Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Growing up So Fast







So lately Colby seems as if he is doing so many new things! He is getting so big! Its like overnight he grew up to a little boy! This summer has been one of changes! Big changes! I guess its normal though since he is turning 2! I guess every summer will be like this! Last year I know it was full of changes he was learning to walk, talk and so many other things!



So far though he is potty training and doing very well! He has had little to no accidents since Monday! I am so happy since we are back on our weekly routine he is doing great with that! He is also doing swim lessons like a champ! I think he is the happiest one and most brave one there. I really think he would turn lose and try to swim on his own if I would let him! I am so happy he loves the water and will be a great swimmer! The swim instructors told us today to no longer put floaties on him. I had thought of this but its gonna be hard to not do that sometimes. I figure depending on the setting and who is in the pool with him. I don't think having floaties on in some situations will hurt. Just as long as he's not dependent on them...I can't stand to see 5 year olds with floaties on!



Another big change happened today as well! We converted his bed from a crib to a toddler bed. All along we said this would happen when he turned 2. I had planned on going ahead with it at the start of July. Since Austin was off today we figured it was the best time to do it! It will get hectic this weekend with the 4th festivities and then soon we will be so busy with his party and then VBS!



Today was a great day though! He had a blast at swim lessons which was a relief after yesterday. Then we came home and just enjoyed time as a family all afternoon! It was great having Austin home in the middle of the week like that! I can't believe we only have 2 more days of swim lessons though!

No comments:

Post a Comment