Monday, June 14, 2010

Library and Potty Time

So today Colby and I went to Storytime at the library. We haven't been in about a month due to austin being off and us having family plans. I was anxious to return because Colby had really enjoyed the last one. We got there today though and I noticed it seemed really crowded. Lots of kids even a camp came in. I didn't know what was going on. Colby still walked around though. He played in the castle, climbed in some chairs, and read some books. I finally heard what was going on there was a magic show at 11. Well we arrived there a little before 10 and that point when I heard it was only 10:30...well I couldn't imagine keeping a toddler entertained for another 30 minutes. Had I known we would have come closer to time because Colby probably would have liked the magic. He was very enthralled with watching all the kids though.
He was still running a slight fever this morning when he woke up. Still can't figure it out other then his 2 year molars coming in. He seems to feel fine. He wanted breakfast but then didn't want to eat b/c I guess it hurt. He ate a good lunch though. Just hoping it is his teeth.
Since we came home and had some time to kill before naptime I thought we would work on potty training some more. We had a big break through last night...we got Colby to sit on the big potty for about 10 minutes last night before his bath. Granted, he didn't do anything but before he wouldn't even sit there. So once again today I put him in big boy underwear and hoped for the best. Since his one accident in them he hasn't done that again...after about 5 minutes I could tell he needed to peepee so I took them off and set him on the potty. He stayed there for about 20 minutes but still couldn't do anything? I guess he is pee shy? He even kept looking down to see if anything was happening. I hope he can do it soon I think if he does it once he will catch on quick. He already seems to know when he has to go and can hold it for quite sometime. To me that is half the battle. I am not being really strict with it right now since he isn't quite 2. I just want to familiarize him with it so hopefully by the end of the summer he will be trained. I am not freaking out though if he is not b/c he won't even be 2 1/2 until Jan which is when most kids are completely trained.
The weather is still very hot so we will just be staying in and keeping cool the rest of the day. Tomorrow I think a trip to Target is in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment