Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Blues

Today I have had the blues...many things are causing it. Raging hormones its a lot of it! But Colby is also sick and I can't even figure out exactly what is wrong with him. He had fever for 2 days...diarhea yesterday...today just not wanting to eat and he looks pale and has splotches. If tomorrow he isn't better I think it will be time to go to the doctor. I am now wondering if he has one of those weird child illnesses like fifth disease or hand, foot, and mouth disease. I guess only tomorrow will tell. I am just so ready for him to feel back to normal. I hate when he is sick. I know he has been a healthy child and I have so much to be grateful for but I feel like we have been through the ringer these last 6 months with him. Nothing serious just stomach bugs and viruses. Again I know it could be so much worse but its annoying! I just want like 3 months of no illness! I hear though the 2nd year is the hardest as far as that goes. So hopefully by next year he won't be sick as much. I know he is just building his immunity. Another part of my "blues" is that fact that Austin is working his 9th day in a row and I am just worn out. Its very tiring being a stay at home mother and not having your husband get in until after 7 for almost 2 weeks. I feel like I am just running on empty...plus I feel like we haven't had much family time or couple time lately.
Tomorrow will be better hopefully he starts a 4 day off stretch which will be wonderful! I just hope Colby isn't sick for most of it! Again I know I have it so good and I am blessed beyond measure but its just one of those days...we all have them. I am in a Bible Study right now on contentment so it has been interesting focusing on my contentment level and the things that make me discontent. For the most part I feel as if I am very content with my life and where I am...its just days like today that bring about discontentment and I know truly its the devil at work. I am just praying for patience from God.
I really want to take Colby to the zoo with Austin tomorrow so pray he feels well enough to go! He hasn't run fever in 2 days and hasn't had diarhea today but since he still isn't eating well I know there must still be something going on and he still doesn't act 100 percent! I just really don't want to spend tomorrow or one of austin's days off at the doctor's office!
Anyway I did go to my Bible Study today which was nice to sit with other moms and just listen and learn something. I am really excited and energized about this. Its something for me! I feel like everything else I do during the week is focused on Colby or Austin that this is my time! I know it will make me a better mother too! Well that's all for now! Hope tomorrow we make the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment