Friday, June 25, 2010

Best Day Yet!







So today was Colby's best day at swim lessons! Austin was off today too and got to see him I am so glad he did well to show off for his daddy!




We began the morning by just hanging out as a family and eating breakfast together...something we rarely do! It was nice to even watch tv as a family...we watched 18 Kids and Counting! Yea Austin actually watched it with me...it was nice though just to have that quiet time. Soon after we started getting ready for swim lessons. Colby is always excited when he hears the words swim/pool or swimsuit! He was ready to get his swimmies on today and head out the door. When we got there he was acting really shy so I was a little worried that he might not do well with both of us there. Sometimes when we are both around he becomes clingy but then other times he does awesome when we are both there so you just never know what child you will get. He didn't even want to get in the pool at first he wanted to sit and play and drink juice. But once we got in the pool he got so excited. He was right away trying to put his face in and try pushing off from me to swim somewhere. He loved when the instructors came and got him today! He wasn't shy at all! Everyone couldn't believe the change! He was ready each time for his turn, in fact I think they could have worked with him the whole time and he would have been fine with that!



I am so excited about all he has learned! I can't wait to see him show off his skills in my parent's pool. I'm not sure if he showed off today for his daddy or its just b/c it was the 5th day and he was used to it! I hope he does as well all next week!



I think the weekend break will be nice though, although we may take him swimming in the morning at my parent's house but I think he will have fun showing off his new skills and just playing in the water! The rest of the day so far has been nice! We came home and just relaxed and played with Colby before his nap! Once again very nice! I think we all took good naps today I know the sun/water combo has been wearing me out too! Tonight Austin and I are going to the Zephyr game with some friends so Colby will spend the night with my parents. I am looking forward to the night out. And I know he will have fun with his grandparents so its a win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment