Monday, June 21, 2010

Potty Progress


Well this is our first week of real potty training. I actually started last week by putting him in underwear for short amounts of time. From that he learned to hold it after 1 accident. Last Friday was his first time to ever pee on the potty though. Since then he has peed 2-3 times on the potty a day. Today he has already gone 3 times so I am thinking we will atleast have 4 successes today.

He even peed on the potty at church yesterday and at my parent's house. He rarely wears diapers now. The only time I put a diaper on him is at night. The rest of the time its underwear or pull ups. I know some people have a problem with pullups but I don't. I figure since he is so young and already getting it so fast I don't want to have to stress just yet about leaving the house in underwear. Maybe by the end of summer we will get there. But for now when we have to go somewhere he has on pullups. I am just amazed at how well he is doing. He is awarded an M&M each time he goes too which he likes. Its getting easier and easier though...he began by screaming everytime you put him on the potty and you might have to sit there 30 min waiting on him to go. Now he goes right away and doesn't fuss too much at all!

So far he hasn't pooped on the potty but I think we are a ways from that anyway. He always poops after his nap mostly so its rare I even catch him in the act. So far now he will always go to bed and his nap with pullups or a diaper on. When I can catch him about to poop I will try bringing him to the potty!

So thats all our potty progress right now but I think he is doing wonderfully for a 1 1/2 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment