Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day




Let me begin by saying Happy Father's Day to my own dad. He is an awesome father and role model. Throughout my life he has always made me believe I could do anything I wanted if I worked hard. He taught me many things. He was always there for me and supported me throughout growing up and still does today! He is also a great granddaddy to Colby! I love him so much!


Second I am so thankful for Austin. He is a wonderful father to our son Colby. I couldn't ask for better! He is so patient and works hard so that Colby and I can have anything we need or want! He is very supportive and always takes time to play with Colby when he gets off work! I know Colby will always admire him and want to be just like him when he grows up!


We had a great day today! We went to church ofcourse and I got to play with the kids the whole time. It was tiring but I really enjoyed it today! I love watching Colby play with all his little friends. In Sunday School it was just Colby and Cade. Both did really well though and they interacted a lot. Colby even brought and shared toys with Cade. Cade has also learned how to walk so he will be giving Colby a run for his money in there! Austin and I had extended care with the 1s, 2s and 3s today. It was a lot of fun...I was glad we got to spend Father's Day together even if it was in the nursery! Man we had our hands full too! We had Cade (1), Colby (1 1/2), Glenn Paul (1 1/2) Ysabel (2 1/2) and Emily (3). They were all really good though! Colby and Cade started having melt downs around the same time. Cade was getting tired...since he is the youngest he still takes naps sometimes so I ended up bringing him in the room with the babies so he could sleep...he was much happier that way! Colby had a meltdown over juice...I usually only pack him water for extended care well he wanted juice and wanted it badly! So I ended up getting the snack for everyone which seemed to make them all happy! I guess they all had low sugars haha! They did really well after that! We even had them pick up the room which I thought was very impressive for such young kids. After we picked up the room they all sat at the table and listened to books!


After church we came home and changed and got ready to go over to my parent's house for Father's Day lunch. Colby went ahead and ate because by the time we got home it was 12 which is his lunch time. I didn't feel like having him in meltdown mode when we got there. Once we got to my parent's house he played for a little bit but I put him to bed as soon as we were about to eat. I hate he didn't get to play and visit but I knew he would get in full meltdown mode then he would get overstimulated and wouldn't nap at all which would mean very cranky toddler for us the rest of the day! He napped while we ate and visited which was nice! By the time he got up things were winding down but we hung out a little while so he could snack and visit with everyone. He was a show off for all ofcourse!


Once we got back home we just relaxed and hung out. We played in the back for a little while and then we ordered pizza. I couldn't believe how much pizza Colby ate. I mean he likes pizza but he usually isn't just totally crazy about it but last night he was! He ate tons...I am just glad his appetite is back after last week!


No comments:

Post a Comment