Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WHEWWW what a morning!!

Ok so today started out like any other day well like any day the last week and a half. We were going to swim lessons. Colby was fine at home we stopped at Walgreens to get a few things on the way there. Again he was fine. I guess I wondered all along how today would be because it was raining when we left the house. Fortunately though it basically stopped by the time we got to swim lessons. When we got there Colby already was acting scared not himself. He didn't even want to go in the gate. Usually he prances in and goes right to playing. Well today he stood by the gate whining...my thoughts were ooh crap what a day this is gonna be. I thought maybe the rain had him all off. Finally he came close to the playroom but wouldn't come in. He wanted his juice then he just stood outside in the rain sipping his juice almost in a stooper! I didn't know what his deal was. I thought he was just in a bad mood for some reason.
He was slugging down his juice which worried me that he was going to have to pee before we were finished. He will not pee in the pool or his swimsuit. I don't know if he has always been this way but since potty training began he won't do it. In fact yesterday he came in upset because he had to go so bad and I got him on the potty right in time. So today I thought uh oh he's probably really going to have to go by the time this is over! But at the same time I didn't want to take the juice away from him because I knew that would be an all out fit and the other parents would have all been there watching. So I just let him go ahead hoping he would either be able to hold it or just pee in his swim diaper and move on. Well he acted disturbed the whole time he was in teh pool he wouldn't really swim and he started crying about 10 minutes in and didn't stop the whole time. I figured it was because he had to pee. But what was I going to do? I couldn't take him out the pool and tell him to pee outside...I didn't want to ask the lady if we could go in her house ....I figured I will just let him finish up lessons. Well we should have left because I don't think he got anything out of them today. Well I noticed some liquid coming out of his shorts when we got out the pool I figured oh ok he peed no biggie. He was already happier just to be out the pool. Well then he was sitting in the chair inside and when he stood up more liquid but this time it smelled. So then I began to wonder ooh noo he probably has to poop!
So I rushed and got him and I dressed and ran out without saying a word. I'm sure the other parents could tell something was going on...usually Colby wants to stick around and play and we visit with the other moms. So I drug him to the car basically he was bawling I set my car alarm off on accident I felt like everyone was staring at us. So we got home and when I pulled him out the car I knew then he had pooped or really needed to go. I knew then to take him straight to the bathroom and strip him. Well sure enough he had pooped and it was everywhere! I couldn't get upset though because he was already upset enough for the 2 of us. I got his swimsuit off then put him in the tub mainly b/c I had no where to put him without him stepping in poop. I rinsed him off quickly and then stuck him in his room. I felt bad I wasn't punishing him but in order for me to get the mess cleaned up I needed him out of my way. So I got all that cleaned up finally and got him out of his room and back to the potty so he could pee....which he did. he must not have finished though b/c next thing I know he is peeing on the floor in his room...seriously...so then I pick him make him finish on the potty and then change his underwear and dab up the pee from his carpet! Poor baby I feel so bad for him....I guess in hindsight I should have just left but I had no way of knowing what was really going on with him.
He doesn't say pee or poo yet so its mostly a guessing game...he has ways of letting us know and I'm sure his fits today were trying to tell me hey mom I gotta go but I just didn't clue in! Poor thing it must be rough to be 1 1/2 and not be able to talk fully!
So I am praying tomorrow is better and he has fun and doesn't remember all this from today and get embarrassed or scared. He has a sensitive spirit and I don't want this to give him a bad view of swim lessons! I want my little fishie back tomorrow so we'll see! He's fine now at home! Again though wheww what a day! Glad Austin is off tomorrow and gets to go so maybe that will make him happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment