Sunday, June 27, 2010

Setbacks

Ok until this weekend Colby had been doing great at potty training. I guess I got to excited that it was going to be SO easy. I knew with him spending Friday night out and Austin being off this weekend and us being busy and not home as much we might see a little setback in his potty training. It just seems like each day though has gotton worse. Late last week he was having no accidents at all. I'm not sure what happened Friday I can't remember and I don't know if he peed in his pull ups at my parents house or anything.
Saturday he was pretty much in pullups all day and he peed in them about 3 times. Before he was keeping them dry even. So today at church I put him in pullups again 1) because of the type of outfit he was wearing and 2) I haven't gotton brave enough to put him in undies full time especially when we are away from the house for extended periods. He kept the pullup dry all during Sunday School and even went to the potty there. They said he even went during extended care but he ended up having an accident anyway.
So this afternoon I figured after his nap I would try to get back on it. Well he peed in his pullup so I put him in underwear this evening and he had 2 accidents. And it didn't even seem to bother him. Before he would cry or if he started to pee he would get upset and want to go potty. He is also getting to where he goes potty for like 5 seconds then wants off. So I don't think he finishes which might be 1 reason for all the accidents. I dunno I lost my patience tonight with him which I told myself I wouldn't do so now I feel guilty for that. Its been a long day and Austin is still not home and its 8:15 but I know thats no excuse. He is only 1 1/2 and still learning. So tomorrow is a new day we are gonna get back on our schedule and hopefully he will do better and I can maintain my patience. Sundays are hard days especially when Austin works then doesn't get home until late.
He had a Deacon's Meeting at church tonight which is why he was so late. It seems like there is some more ups and downs in our church right now so I am just praying God will lead the church and those in charge where we need to go. I hate that people have to be so contentious. That's not what church is all about. With all the problems in the world we should not be fighting over little things in our churches. Well thats my soap box for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment