Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TOO HOTT to Handle

Wow so the weather here in NOLA is burning up! Its supossed to get to 94 degrees with a heat index reaching 105! Not much you can do in that kinda weather but stay in. Well we were originally going to brave the zoo or stupidly whichever way you look at it! I was going to meet a friend there with her 1 year old boy. She had a hair appointment first though. We had planned to go early and knew we would beat her there but she was running behind and probably would get there until after 11. Well since it would have been just Colby and I for the majority of the visit I decided to skip it since it was so hot.
We decided instead to go to the park....I knew it would still be hot but least we were closer to home and it wasn't such a production to go to. We had a pretty good time I could tell Colby was really hot though because he didn't even want to play much. One of my friends though saw us and stopped by with her little boy who is Colby's age and her baby girl. It was nice to have someone to talk to. Colby played with Jax a little and shared his goldfish. We all left though after about 30 minutes. It was just too hot to stay!
I decided since it we weren't at the park too long I would head to mall in hopes that my friend and her little boy could meet us there for lunch. So we walked around and I brought Colby over to the cars for him to ride on. He really enjoyed that! In fact it was a major fit when it was time to go! We walked around for awhile but didn't hear from my friend so I decided to head home. Wouldn't you know once we were on our street she called? Well I just told her we could hang out another day...Colby was so exausted and spent from the last few days he needed to come home and take a good nap!
We don't really have anything else planned today...may let Colby swim later this afternoon...we also may do some art with markers. He hasn't used markers much just once at my parent's house and he liked them so we'll see what he can do with them! Tomorrow I have a Bible Study so he is going to go stay with my parent's. They have childcare but I think he would be happier at their house! He cried today when we passed their street up to go to the park! He loves playing over there and he will probably swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment