Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Days 2 and 3 of Swim Lessons

Well yesterday was Colby's 2nd day of swim lessons. It was interesting. First it was raining but the swim teacher had stated that swim lessons would go on despite rain I guess unless there was lightening near by. Secondly when we got in the pool all 5 of the kids were screaming the whole time! I am not sure if the rain had them worked up or the 2nd day is the hardest generally or what! One little boy screamed the WHOLE time and I think he got them cranked up. He left Monday b/c he didn't even want to get in.

Colby screamed even when he was with me which pretty much all of them were the same way. The teachers told me though despite his screaming he was actually doing well.

Today day 3 was so much better! Colby was happy about being there again. He right away found a water bottle and was so excited about dumping the water out. He didn't even mind going to the teachers which was real progress! They practiced with him swimming underwater today. He didn't seem to mind too much until after I tried to send him back then he got mad. I was shocked that he was already swimming underwater! They also practiced with him floating on his back. They said he was actually a very good floater? Not sure what that means ...I mean I know that means he floats well but not sure if its something he is doing or the way he is built! Anyway I was so glad today was better. The lesson seemed to start out well for all of them. Even the little boy who was soo upset the last 2 days didn't cry at all today! The 2 little girls were pretty upset though! But maybe each day will get better!

Since we have swim lessons this week we aren't doing too much else. We are both so tired and wet when we get home I don't want to go anywhere then the afternoons are pretty much gone by the time he wakes up from his nap. I have gotton some small errands done before swim lessons but that's all. Its ok though I really don't mind...I am just happy we can get out and Colby can expel some energy and then we can have a low key day! I will look forward to Saturday and Sunday though just for a change of pace! But overall I am pleased with swim lessons!

As far as pottying goes...still doing great! He only has about 1 accident a day and is peeing on the potty as many as 5 times! He has also gotton to where he goes almost immediately upon being put on the potty he doesn't have to be sung, read to, and danced to for 10 minutes haha! The whole potty training thing so far is a breeze...I mean it requires patience don't get me wrong but my advice to anyone out there thinking about it just take your time. You can't make it seem like a fight or they will rebel. Just take it step by step and don't get upset if they have an accident...if you get upset they will to! It will be great if he is completely potty trained by the time he goes to school in September! His teachers will probably be happy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment