Thursday, June 24, 2010

Progress

Colby has made a lot of progress in swim lessons...its amazing how quickly little ones learn. Today his big accomplishments were sit diving off the side (with help of course) swimming underwater even to the stairs by himself, and floating on his back!
He was a little discontent today but I don't think he's scared of the teachers anymore I think now its more of he wants to do what he wants to do not be made to do stuff. But he totally knows how to close his eyes and hold his breath when he goes under...I even let him swim to the steps and he did fine. He was sooo proud of himself for that! He got out of the pool and chuckled for like a minute like wow I am big! They started practicing today letting them sit on the edge and the teachers help them dive in. He did pretty good with this...I'm sure it will be more of a focus tomorrow. I am just amazed at how quickly he is learning. The teachers even said he was holding out on them!
His pottying is also going great...he had an accident today at lunch but that was again my fault. I should know by now to take him to the potty before he eats...I did yesterday and we had no accidents all day and Tuesday that was his only accident was at lunch. I think he just gets so comfortable and knows he can't get down so he just goes. Oh well that happens! But other then that he goes pretty much the minute you set him on the potty now! Potty training and swim lessons coinciding was really a great thing! It will be interesting to see how he does when we get out of this routine.
Right now he goes before swim lesssons then we get home plus since we aren't really going anywhere the rest of the day he stays just in a t-shirt and underwear. I put him in pullups when we go outside since I have to put shorts on him. I may get brave this weekend and take him out in underwear...we'll see! I guess I will determine how well he is doing but right now he doesn't go at all during swim lessons. He wore the same pullup from yesterday around 4 until before bed around 8 staying dry 4 hours.
Well thats all for now..once again our afternoon will be very low key. Austin is off tomorrow so we will be doing a little bit more and I hope to get him to snap some pictures tomorrow at swim lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment