Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bible Study

Today my Women's Bible Study began at Woodland. It is basically the same people that do MOPS that are in the Bible Study. We were going to MOPS last fall but somehow always got busy during the spring and weren't able to make it! I hope to begin back this fall and be more involved. So anyway the Bible Study started this week and I was excited about going and doing something for myself. Our church really doesn't offer many Bible Studies and the Women's one is on tuesdays nights in Kenner. That is like a 45 minute drive from our house. Going out at night is just too hard I would feel like I was missing out on my family time. This one being during the day and only like 10 minutes from my house is much more conveniant.
I decided that since we have to pass my parent's house to go to Bible Study I would just let them keep Colby rather then taking him to the childcare there. Some weeks I may take him so he can play with other kids...but last year when we did MOPS he always cried. I figure he probably will have more fun with my parents. Plus since he is starting school in the fall I don't feel as bad like he needs the socialization. Plus he is hanging out with more kids during the week between Sunday School and playdates.
I knew he would be excited about going to my parent's house because yesterday when I was taking him to the park he cried when we passed their street up. My parents said they took him swimming and he played with my old "little people toys". My Bible Study was really good. It was nice to be around other moms and women who are going through similiar things. Today was just an intro to the class so we didn't begin the actual study. But we are going to do "Cultivating Contentment". It seems like it will be a good study! Its been forever since I have been in a Bible Study. I am just praying that I can stick with it all summer. It seems like so often when I begin a Bible study I am all excited at first then I get busy and it gets pushed aside. My goal this summer is to not let that happen.
After I picked Colby up we came on home. I really wanted to just stay around the house after that and not do much. I feel like we have been so busy lately. It will be nice just to let Colby play and get caught up on some projects at home. Tomorrow we are most likely having a playdate so it will be another busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment