Friday, June 18, 2010

Potty Training and Trip to the Zoo




So we bit the bullet and took Colby to the Zoo today. Despite the heat advisory we went ahead and went! We haven't been many places this week for Colby to play with him being sick so it was time to get him out of the house! We figured since we have a membership it would be ok even if we went for an hour! Austin's parents were also coming in today so they decided to meet us there.



It wasn't too bad at first...I think Colby enjoyed it but after 30-40 minutes it was getting HOT! We rented a wagon for him and I think he liked that better then the stroller. He didn't see too many animals he mainly just liked walking around and running down hills and climbing on things. I forgot a snack so we got him cheetos which he LOVED! So he snacked and sipped on juice throughout the visit.



After about an hour we had all had enough so went to the truck and headed to McAlister's for lunch. Its so much better then trying to eat at the zoo and its on the way home. Colby ate really well which I was glad to see after him being sick!



Once we got home I went to change Colby thinking his diaper would be soaked! To my suprise it was bone dry! I figured well surely he has to pee...he drank a whole cup of juice, many sips of water, and tea throughout the morning. So I said lets take him to the potty. He has had about 5 or more trips to the potty this week all resulting in nothing. So sure enough I set him down and about 2 minutes later I heard the greatest sound...he was peeing in the potty! Never was I so happy and so proud! But at the same moment I thought my baby is growing up! He did really well I think he didn't know what was going on at first he had been timid I think to go on the potty...but after I think he was excited and noticed it wasn't so bad! Ofcourse I rewarded him with one M&M after! He was VERY happy about that! I am hoping now that he got a taste of reward he will want more! We are going to try again after his nap! By no means do I think he will be potty trained today, this week or even this month but its a step in the right direction for sure! YAYY for big boys!



The rest of the day will be low key for us...we plan on grilling burgers out and just hanging out with Austin's family. It will be nice to just hang out at home after a busy, tiring morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment