Friday, June 11, 2010

Thursday/Friday

So the last two days of the week have been busy....this whole week has been busy! You think summertime maybe life will slow down but not here...in fact I think its been busier. Since more of my friends are off work we have had more playdates and things going on.
Thursday we went to the Children's Museum with one of my friends from MOPS. She has a little boy who is 2 and a little girl who is 4 months. She also has an older son but he was at camp. We thought it would be fun to take the little ones to the museum. Its so hot to do much else. I wasn't too keen on the thought of going back to the museum just a week later plus we had just been to the one in Mississippi on Monday but I figured since we can't really do anything outside why not? I think Colby and the other little boy Jackson had fun. They didn't play too much together though. Colby enjoyed the slides, stairs, push toys, and ofcourse the train table. He got upset though after falling off the slide. He was trying to climb up the slide which I knew wasn't smart and off he tumbled...he didn't really hurt himself though I think it more scared/embarrassed him. It started to get really crowded in there around 10:30 so instead of exploring the rest of the museum we opted to leave. Since we had just been there I didn't feel too bad about it. Plus it was getting filled with big kids and I knew Colby would probably get knocked down if we went anywhere else. He didn't seem to mind. The rest of the day we just spent around the house. I cooked taco salad for dinner and I think we all enjoyed it! Colby loves mexican so he gobbled up some taco meat, cheese, and spanish rice. Austin has been late getting home all week so it seems like we haven't really spent much time as a family since Monday. He is also having to work all through the weekend and until next week when he will be off Thursday-Sunday. That is one reason why I am trying to stay so busy though so Colby and I don't get sick of each other!
So today we went swimming over at my parent's house. Again its almost too hot to do anything. Colby got to go swimming Wednesday but I hadn't been all week and the pool was sounding really good. Although when we got in today I think the water was 93 so it felt like a warm bath. It was still refreshing though. Colby did pretty well but acted bored some of the time. I think that was due to him just being in 2 days before that plus it was so hot out. We hung out at my parent's house for awhile and stayed for lunch. They always enjoy that. It was a nice change of pace. Now Colby is still napping but the rest of the afternoon we will probably just hang out. Hoping Austin gets home a little earlier so we can have some family time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment