Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fun Week

This week has been a busy, but very fun one! Tuesday since Austin got off work early we let Colby swim that afternoon in the backyard. He had a blast! After we all got cleaned up we went and ate at Texas Roadhouse. After we ate we shopped in Best Buy and Barnes and Noble...well I say shopped we really just walked around and let Colby expel some energy!
Yesterday (Wednesday) Colby and I made a trip to the church. I had in my mind that I needed to do some work in my room. It has been about a year since we really organized and cleaned that room so it was wayy overdue for some attention. I used to have more free time when I got to church on Sundays to straighten it up but lately my other kiddos have been beating us there. It ended up being a very productive trip. I got lots done and Colby had fun. He loves his room and the toys in there so he just played and played while I worked. I feel a lot better about going in Sunday with a nice, neat room!
Today Colby and I had a playdate at the Children's Museum with Kristie from church and her son Cade. Cade is 1 and just started in our Sunday School class so him and Colby are getting to know each other really well. We had a great time! I love the museum and so does Colby. Since we have gone so much lately he knows right where to go when we get there. I think Cade really enjoyed the toddler area most. He isn't walking yet so it was fun for him to crawl in there where they have all the fun padded areas. Colby enjoyed himself too...I couldn't really get him to listen to Storytime very well. He likes books at home but there are so many distractions there he didn't want to sit still. He loved the slide and kitchen and trains and stairs this time! He also got very excited about the grocery store. I love how each time we go he shops for differnt things. Today he got fruits and veggies, some juice, meat, bread, and baby products haha.
The cutest moment of all though was near the end of the visit. Both boys were getting a little restless and tired so I got Colby's goldfish snacks out. Well Cade didn't have any snacks so we were sharing with him. Finally Colby got the idea of what we were doing and I would say "Colby share some fish with baby Cade" and Colby would walk over and stick a fish in his mouth! It was the funniest, cutest thing! Kristie took some pictures! I forgot my camera so hopefully I can get some from her! It was a great morning and now I am hoping for an awesome naptime...Tuesday after I took him to the park he came back and slept for 3 1/2 hours! I am hoping today will be like that too! Austin has a softball game tonight but we think its gonna be rained out b/c it has been raining off and on all morning! So we will probably just stay in tonight and not do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment