Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Days

Wow I can't believe its only June and its been SO hot here! But the last 2 days have been great despite that because Austin has been off and we have been able to just enjoy some good family time. Last night we went to the Zephyr game with some friends while my parent's kept Colby for the night. It was nice to go to the baseball game...I hadn't been to one in 4-5 years. I really want to bring Colby to one but still unsure if he would actually enjoy it yet or not! It was really warm last night...I mean not unbearable but it was definitely warm! It was nice to just sit and watch the game and visit with friends though. They even had fireworks so we stayed for that. We didn't get home until 10:30 or so so it was a late night for us haha. I don't think we got to bed until 12 so I definitely feel a nap today!

This morning I woke up at 8 though feeling well rested and ready to go pick up my little boy! So we left the house around 9. Our plan was to take him swimming over there so he could show off his new skills. He did great. He practiced everything he learns in swim lessons. He was putting his head in the water and jumping off the side by himself! There is no tellin how he will be after week 2 of swim lessons. I can see how he will be begging to go swim probably by next year! He's such a mess. Our friends Josh and Laura ended up meeting us over there and we all swam for over an hour! I was suprised Colby lasted that long. He is usually done in 30-45 minutes. But he did great...I think his new swimming abilities made him enjoy it longer!

The rest of the day we were pretty lazy other then going grocery shopping. It was so nice to have a couple family days at home just the 3 of us. It seems like when Austin is off we are usually having to go somewhere, or have something to do with family that its not just us! So I feel like the weekend was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment