Monday, June 28, 2010

Michael Phelps JR

So today we started back to Week 2 of swim lessons! Colby did awesome! He didn't cry a bit! He jumped right in to wanting to swim to the instructors! He loves his teachers now! He squirms and tries to swim to them by himself! He wants every turn to be his turn now! A week ago I can't believe he screamed when they came near him and now he goes to them joyfully with a big smile on his face! I am just amazed at how much he has learned in a week! I can't imagine what his skills will be like by Friday.
Today he was doing so good with his underwater swimming they moved him onto doing arm strokes. He did pretty good as any 1 1/2 year old could do. They said don't worry their 3 year old grandson still has trouble with it and he swims all the time!
Most of the kids are getting the hang of things but they still all fuss more then Colby. He was definitely the happiest kid there today! I am so enjoying swim lessons. It gives us a nice routine it breaks up the day but isn't so overwhelming that we are exausted! It also is helping with the heat situation. I don't know what we will do for entertainment next week haha! I am so glad I signed Colby up. I am already excited about him taking lessons next year!
He is also doing better with the potty today which I figured since we are back in a routine. I try to keep things as normal as possible on the weekends and when Austin is off but its not quite the same. He stayed dry all morning and went to the potty before swim lessons. Poor baby had to go soo bad though when we got home I think he peed a little in his swimsuit and he got so upset. Poor guy I know was scared since I fussed at him last night. So I am going to calm down and not be so overzealous about getting him trained. Right now its practice and its ok if he makes mistakes. I guess I just got so excited thinking he was trained but its a process so we are just gonna do the best we can. But he did pee as soon as he got on the potty after swim lessons. Then he went again before lunch he had to go soo bad it went everywhere though so a new pair of underwear was needed anyway! I put him in a pullup before lunch since he would be taking a nap after anyway and he still sleeps in pullups or diapers. Well he wet it a little I can't believe he still had to go but it wasn't much. I know he will wet it during his nap but he's still young to be trained during that time anyway since he's in his bed for 3 hours.
He's just growing up before my eyes! We plan on converting his bed later this week which should be interesting. I'm not sure if I am ready for that but I don't want to put it off and him have trouble later on. I want him to have a solid year of sleeping in a toddler bed before he moves to his big boy bed! Well thats it for now nothing interesting going on the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment