Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Yes so another person is sick...that's right Colby! I have been waiting since everyone else we know and have been around lately has something I knew it was a matter of time. He developed a cough Saturday although I didn't think too much of it b/c he has had some type of cough since December. This one did seem more in his chest though. But he acted and seemed fine so we went on with our usual plans Saturday, Sunday, and even yesterday I took him out to the park and to the store. It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon I felt him and he felt warm so I took his temp and sure enough it was 100. All day though he played and acted like normal. He also ate fine too. We took it again around bedtime to make sure and it was down to like 97.5 so I figured the first reading was a fluke.
This morning when he got up around 6:3o I was still in bed he came in my room whimpering. I didn't have to get up until 7 so I let him climb up in bed with me and we snuggled. By 7 I knew he probably wasn't going to be able to go to school so I turned off my alarm and we cuddled until 7:30. By that point he was ready to get up. He was very whiny though and just not perky like normal. I took his temperature and sure enough it was back at 100. He ate a pretty good breakfast though. After a dose of tylenol too he definitely perked up and started playing more like normal.
I knew we had to stay in today since he did have a fever this morning. I had planned to run errands with him even if he couldn't go to school but since he had another fever today I didn't want him to get sicker or make someone else sick b/c of his germs. We did however get to go play in the backyard which was nice. He seemed to enjoy that too and it helped break up the morning! By lunchtime when I took his temp it was back down to 98.6. He still has that hacking cough but no wheezing or anything. I am waiting to call the doc tomorrow if he still has fever tomorrow or gets worse in any way. I hate to drive him out to the doc for them to tell me its a virus. I am pretty sure that it is b/c that is the only time he runs fever...even with bacterial stuff he rarely runs fever.
I hope he is well by tomorrow b/c I would really like to get out the house even if its for errands or the park plus we are supossed to go to church tomorrow night and getting out would be really nice since we have been in a lot more lately so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment