Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Weekend

So this weekend was supossed to be really busy but our plans changed a lot as the weekend approached and went along. Friday night Austin and I were supossed to go to a Rascal Flatts concert. The concert though got postponed due to bad winter weather. We ended up going to Randall and Elizabeth's house to eat pizza and hang out. They were supossed to keep Colby for us during the concert since my mom was sick. So we figured we would still go hang out with them. It was nice to visit with them for awhile. I think Colby really enjoyed himself. Although he was a little tired and ill mannered since we didn't get there until around 7.
Saturday we had our Preschool Valentine's Party. I was helping plan coordinate it so we got there early. Much to our dissapointment we only had 3 kids. One of those being Colby and another baby Jonathan who is only 2 1/2 months old. The 3rd kid was Katrina who is 4. I am glad she came. She probably enjoyed it more then anyone but I think she was lonely not having any other kids to hang out with. Colby did well and participated in the activities. He also I think would have had more fun if there were more kids. The rest of the day we spent just lazing around the house.
Today (Sunday) was going to be another busy day. We had church lined up then a Super Bowl Party tonight. Austin ended up getting called into work and Colby has come down with a cough so we opted out of the party. We did attend church this morning though which was nice. Colby went into the 3 year old room for Sunday School. He did really well...I think he had a lot of fun! We promoted him on a week by week basis b/c right now there are no other kids his age. Zoe was there but she just turned 1 and he is 2 1/2 so they can't play really well together. Although he did join her back in extended care b/c the 3s combine with the 4s for that and I just didn't feel like he was quite old enough for all that. From what I heard though he also did well in extended care. I was able to work on some stuff up front during Sunday School which was nice. I will probably teach the toddlers some weeks and also sub for Monica's class when one of them can't be there. It was nice that Austin and I got to sit in church together though.
This afternoon we lazed around again...Austin got home from work around 2...turned out they really didn't need him. Tonight we watched some of the Super Bowl but it wasn't nearly as exciting as last year.
I have Bootcamp tomorrow but won't be able to go. I am a little dissapointed but with my mom being sick and Colby having a cough I can't bring him to the childcare provided so there is no one to watch him. I hate to miss it because I know going back the next week is going to be hard. I guess Colby and I will have a low key day but we will probably go to the park and make atleast one other stop just to get out the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment