Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Weekend











Wheww its been quite a weekend. I am exausted haha. We don't usually have very busy weekends so when we do I feel like I get wiped out from them! Saturday morning Colby and I got out to run some errands. We met Laura and Josh and baby Jonathan at Sam's to pick up cupcakes for Lauren's baby shower today. We shopped also and then sat in the cafe and visited. It was nice to get out but I was exausted when we got home. Usually Colby and I only run errands for like an hour or so but we were gone until noon.




Saturday night we went to my parent's house to celebrate Randall's birthday. Its always nice to hang out with everyone and visit. Austin was late though I always feel bad when he misses out on most of the celebration! We enjoyed eating and talking though and Colby was a total ham! Its fun to see how much he has grown up when I think back on Randall's previous birthday celebrations! This year he was really into it. He is starting to understand the "birthday party" concept so all day he kept reminding me about the party and cake and presents haha.




Today was ofcourse church day but a busy day it was! We first had our usual "nursery duries" during Sunday School. Now that Colby has promoted up to the 3 year old class it frees me up to help out at the desk checking kids in. I like it from the point of view I also get to see what's going on during Sunday School in all the classes. Jonathan was in the baby room so I got to love on him some and hold him. It was so wierd taking care of a baby that small it seems like forever ago since Colby was a baby! There was only Zoe in the toddler room and then Colby and Emily were in the 3 year old room. Colby got a special treat again today in his Sunday School class. One of his teacher's brought cupcakes for Broc's 3rd birthday...well figure he wasn't there today so Colby and Emily go to enjoy. Last week it was Emily's birthday and they had cake. Well today the cupcakes were nice and blue...Colby enjoyed his and when I went in his room to get him he was covered in blue...blue mouth, blue hands, blue on his shirt. I don't think he was really aware of how he looked. I took him to the potty in the meantime and he freaked out when he saw himself. My child is a total neat freak so this was not good. He immediately wanted to cleaned off! I had extended care duty today with the toddlers. For that time Colby goes back with the toddlers. Emily is 4 now so she feels comfortable with the 4 year old class but they are just WAYY too big for Colby. Since Zoe was there I just put him in a room with her. They both did fine...we took them outside and they both loved that.




After church and lunch out my parents brought Colby home. I had a baby shower I was helping out with so I had to go back up to church. The baby shower was really nice and it was great to get to hang out with other ladies and just visit and enjoy the shower but man was I tired when I left. Sundays are long days anyway but I didn't get home until after 5 today. I left the house at 8:30 this morning and by the time I picked Colby up and brought him home it was about 5:30...that's like a full days work! Austin is off the next 2 days though so that's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment