Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Croup & Ear Infection

So today we went to the doctor. I called yesterday and made an appointment mainly b/c of his fever...he never runs fever so for him to have 100 temp for 24 hours I knew something was up. This morning I was so glad we had an appointment b/c his cough was horrible. I dreaded going though b/c I knew there would be a million other sick people there. I was really stressed this morning I guess the whole staying in taking care of a sick kid and trying not to get sick myself really got to me. I broke down...Austin ended up taking off early to help me at the doctor and I am so glad he did b/c he took WAYY longer then I expected and Colby acted out a lot while we were there.
So the doc examined him and said he has croup. She said its coming from the back of his throat not his lungs which was good. I was glad that he didn't have bronchitis or pneumonia or the flu I was really worried he might have one of those. She also looked in his ears and said one was infected. I was dissapointed that he would have to get on more antibiotics for that. This is really his 2nd real ear infection but he has been on antibiotics 2 other times as more of a preventative. I hoped he wouldn't have ear issues and I guess still he hasn't had major issues with them compared to some kids. Its just this is his 3rd antibiotic since October. They also did a urine sample b/c we told them we thought he might have a bladder infection but that came back negative thank goodness. The doc really said since he was in there in January most likely he just never got over what he had then. Which is probably true...he probably had a week immunity and with school and church just got something else while his resistence was low or never truly got rid of the infection from a few weeks ago.
So needless to say he will be out of school AGAIN tomorrow! I really hate it too b/c its their Valentine's party. I think we are going to go drop of his treats though and then run to the grocery. I think we could both use an outting. I hope we will be able to get back to our normal activities by the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment