Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day







Today has been a wonderful day. Its been a low key day but a good one. Austin had to work and Colby and I went about with our normal routines. We don't make a HUGE deal about Valentine's day but we do like to do something special for one another. It doesn't have to be anything big or costly just something to show you care/love each other. Austin and I exchanged cards/notes. I actually wrote him a letter...something I haven't done in awhile! I used to write him letters all the time when we were dating so I thought I would try to relive that! I think he liked it! He had sent me flowers over the weekend. He sent red and pink tulips. I love when he gets creative and strays from the usual red roses. Don't get me wrong I like roses but I like original flowers on Valentine's instead of what every other woman in the world gets! We always buy Colby a small toy and book for Valentine's day. This has been the custom the last 3 years. This year he got a leapfrog laptop. He got a baby laptop his first Valentine's day when he was 6 months old. He loved that thing in fact he still drags it out from time to time to play with. I figured it was wayy to babyish for him now so he needed a new one. He loves it...he has played with it all day! We also got him a couple books and dvd.



I had bootcamp today so Colby got to spend the morning with my parents. It was so good for me to get back to a routine thing and for him to get to spend time with my parents and us have some "away" time. I think it did us both some good. He's been in a much better mood since and so have I! After I picked him up we came home and I fixed lunch. I wanted to do something special for him so I made a heart pb&j and mac and cheese. I knew it would be a lunch he would love. I don't fix "kid" foods all the time for him so this was definitely a treat! I also let him watch tv while he ate which he thought was great! Again it was a special thing for a special day!



We didn't have major plans tonight...in fact with Austin working and me being so busy today we just got takeout. I did bake some valentine cupcakes for him and Colby though. We had a nice low key laid back evening. No hustle no bustle just spending time together! Colby does have school tomorrow so Austin and I are going out on a date while he's at school. We don't know where or what just that it will probably include breakfast! I think it will be fun to do this.



So that was our Valentine's nothing huge or spectacular but I enjoyed it and I think we all feel loved and appreciated! I also got a really sweet package from my friend Ashley today (Thanks Ash) anyway that made my day I love getting real mail! I will have to return the favor to her soon b/c I know she loves real mail too!

No comments:

Post a Comment