Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WEDNESDAY

Today has been a fun day! It began with Colby and I having a pancake breakfast. Its not often we don't have to rush off anywhere and I can cook a big breakfast for us. Since we had no schedule today I made us blueberry pancakes and they were so yummy! Colby finished off 2 of them! I love making breakfast for my little family! Once we got dressed and ready we went to the park. This is our favorite thing to do when we don't want to go far or stay out too long. I took Colby to Confetti Park. When we got there we were the only ones at first. Colby had a great time playing in the cars. They actually have old children's ride on toys there which is a nice change. Soon a mom came with 2 little boys. The oldest was 2 and the youngest 1. Colby played a lot with the 2 year old. They both had their cars and trucks out there so they took turns playing it was really cute! Colby fell in love with the other boys yellow Hummer...in fact he wanted to take it home! Then another friend joined us with her little girl who is also 2. Colby didn't play much with her I guess he bonded more with the boy today but they did play some. I enjoyed visiting with the other moms as well! Colby had such a fun time we stayed an hour and a half which is rare! He only stays that long when he is having fun with other kids!
Tonight we had church. I had to work childcare again. It was Jonathan (3 months), Zoe (1 year) and Colby (2 1/2 years) in our room. I felt bad b/c I had to get a couple people last minute to show up. My regular workers for this week 1 didn't show up I forgot to call and remind them and the other ran late. I think the older group had about 5 or 6 kids. I felt bad that Colby didn't have anyone to play with though. He's almost too old for that class but too young to go in the other class. Zoe cried half the time then fell asleep and the baby obviously slept most of the time too!
I had wanted to do a bowling activity with them where they bowled for Bible verses but I never got time to go look for a bowling toy from the store. So we might do it Sunday instead. Colby always enjoys church though! He had a good time even though he really didn't have any friends to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment