Friday, February 18, 2011

The Rest of the Week

We have had a great week....MUCH better then last. We are all well and enjoying the beautiful weather, sunny, 60s and 70s. I think spring has arrived! Wednesday Austin was off again so we went to the park that morning. Colby always has a blast and now that the weather is getting nice again I hope we can go even more often! After we had to go grocery shopping. That was the first time in awhile all 3 of us went to the store. It was actually fun. Colby did great and it was nice having Austin for some company I am so used to doing it by myself!
We came home and took naps and ate lunch then headed off to church that afternoon. We ate dinner up there which was nice. Its very rare that the 3 of us get to eat dinner there on Wednesday night....I am not even sure that last time that happened. Anyway we got to visit with the pastor too which was nice. I think he got a kick out of Colby. I worked in the nursery during church. We have started a new rotation and set up for the Mission Friends. We have one class that is babies-2 year olds then we have another class that is for the 3-5 year olds. There was actually a pretty good group of kids in each. We had Colby (2 1/2), Zoe (1) and Jonathan (3 months) in our class. I planned a simple art activity for them and we talked about talking to God. I think Colby got it but the other 2 were too young. Zoe might have enjoyed it more but she was crying most of the time.
Thursday Colby and I had our busy morning. He had school and I had MOPS. I was so glad he could get back to school this week. I think he was too! His teacher even posted a picture of him and her little girl playing on the playground! He loves school and I am so glad! MOPS was good as always. We learned ways to entertain our kids without screens or batteries. I loved this...I try to keep Colby from this stuff. We try to go outside and go places so that he does not spend a lot of time in front of the tv. Don't get me wrong I don't think tv is evil and won't allow him to watch it...we do spend a fair share of time watching PBS especially in the mornings when I am trying to cook breakfast, get dressed, and get the house in order. I just don't think its something that should be used to entertain kids all the time! When I picked Colby up from school he had his registration papers for next year. He came running out the gate and handed me that along with a picture he made and said "parents" it was the cutest thing! I guess his teacher told them to make sure and give that to their parents and he took that very seriously!
Now that the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer we have gotton to go out every day after his nap too which is nice! Today (Friday) Colby had a fun day planned. I have a hair appointment at noon so my parents were going to be keeping him most of the afternoon. Well my mom suggested that they just come get him early and would take him to the park and the mall for lunch. They have been wanting to do this for awhile. I know they will all have fun! I am looking forward to a little bit of quiet time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment