Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Weekend

This has been a very busy weekend! Yesterday was full. We had Austin's parents in. So we all woke up early and cooked a big breakfast. I was wishing I could have slept in a little though. Colby always wakes up earlier when they are here b/c they get up early so he can hear them. Needless to say we were all up by 7. We cooked sausage, biscuits, and eggs though which made it better! Colby ate all that plus a bowl of fruit! I am so thankful my little guy is a breakfast eater! I think it makes for a happier,healthier day when started with a good breakfast.

After we were all dressed we took Colby to the park. We had to stay close b/c of all the parades all over the city. We decided not to do another parade back to back since we had just gone that night. Colby enjoyed the park especially at first but he got bored since he was the only kid out there and wanted to leave. I made him stick it out an hour though. We didn't have much else planned and I knew he needed the time outside and I want him to learn to entertain himself sometimes and know that that is what we had planned today and what we were going to do!

We came up with the idea after about an hour though to go check out a local Farmer's Market. I have been wanting to do this. There are many around our city too. We went to one close by. It was a fun atmosphere...live music, people selling lots of good food, and beautiful weather. Colby enjoyed just walking around exploring. We stayed about 30 min. I would like to go back sometime and stock us with some fresh fruits and veggies!

Once we got home Austin's parents decided to drive back home and get ahead of the parade traffic. So Austin, Colby, and I got lunch then settled in for naptime. I was glad we got some relaxation b/c Friday was a busy, tiring day! After nap we tried to go for a walk but that ended quickly with Colby falling. I decided to bring him home and we just played in our own yard!

Today was church. I was excited about us going as a family. Sunday School went really well. Colby was in the 3 year old room today with Emily. His teacher said he did really well and listened to the story. I am so glad he got to promote early. He had just been with me for two long. He had been in my ss class since he was about 6 months old and we both needed a change. Now that I am in charge of the nursery though I get to check on all the classes which is fun. Jonathan was the only baby and he did really well...another came during church though. Zoe was the only toddler and they took her walking most of the time so she wouldn't scream. We left after Sunday School since there was a big parade close to our house. We ate lunch out with my parents. On the way home (we drove by the parade) Colby got to see the entire parade from our car which was neat. He loved the police cars, firetrucks, and motorcycles! We even got close enough to the horses to roll the window down. When we did a horse stuck his head in our car then the man riding tossed Colby a pink elephant! Only in New Orleans at Mardi Gras would something like that happen! Colby thought it was halarious though!
Sunday night we had church again. Our church only has Sunday night church once a month. Its called the Gathering. Its a more laid back type service where we focus on missions and the family. There is no childcare and I kinda like that. I like that everyone young and old is together in one place working to serve others. Colby usually does pretty well at these events. He started out well this time but it ran longer then usual so he got antsy. He wanted juice, he wanted water, he wanted to get down, and ofcourse he wanted a cupcake....they have desserts each month to celebrate that month's b-days. He remembered that from January! So he kept saying birthday cake. Austin had to take him out a couple times but he did pretty well for his age. I just like that he can get involved in missions already at only 2. He helped us fill bags and throw things into buckets. It was a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment