Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Weekend











So its been an ok weekend. Friday Colby had a dentist appointment. It actually went well. He still wasn't thrilled with the idea but there wasn't any kicking or screaming or crying like before. He was just annoyed and kept saying "ok ok" like get out my mouth now! Afterwards I wanted to go somewhere it was too pretty a day to go home but too cold for the park. I decided on the library. Thought Colby could stretch his legs there. They have this cute little castle thing kids can climb in but ofcourse it was closed. He did enjoy checking out books though we stayed about 30 min. It atleast got us out the house awhile. That afternoon austin came home early. It was nice to have his help because Colby and I have been at our whits end with each other since we have been couped up so much! We didn't do much that night though just hung out...we did take a family walk which was nice we all felt like we needed the sunshine!




Yesterday Colby slept in because he had a really bad night so once he got up and we ate breakfast we went to the park. We ended up at Confetti Park. There was a little family there with a boy who was 5 and a little girl who was 3. I thought Colby would have a blast and he did at the beginning but then he remembered his juice and it was all down hill. I don't usually let him have his juice at the park b/c I know once he is done playing he will be thirsty and plus there is no potty so I didn't want him to then have to pee before we got home. In the summer when its hot its different I let him drink and play but yesterday was cool and he drank a whole cup of milk on the way there. So he pitched a major fit...he eventually went in timeout then pulled himself together then got so frustrated that I scooped him up and we left. I was so angry! Here it was a beautiful day and he had that opportunity to play with other kids and he wasted it by screaming and crying...I know he was probably exausted though since he didn't sleep well the night before. The rest of the day was just our usual lunch/naps, then more excitement. We went out in the backyard after his nap since it was slightly warmer and when we came in we noticed our power was out. It stayed out for about 3 hours. Talk about not fun at all...ofcourse it was right as the sun was setting so it got dark quick. Wouldn't have been such a big deal if it were just Austin and I but making your way around a dark house with a 2 year old is not much fun. Once Austin came home we decided to just go out to eat. Colby was a mess at dinner too. I know he was overtired still and still reeling from being sick.




Today was church. I was never more ready to be there. I felt like we have been couped up so much it would do us both good to be around other people. I knew Colby was getting frustrated. I didn't care that I didn't sleep well the night before and had to wake up at 6:30 I just knew we needed to get out! It turned out really well. Colby's class combined with the 3 year olds b/c there was only one little girl in that class and it was him and Cameron in the 2s. It was so good having Cameron back. Her family was visiting today b/c her dad preached. Cameron was Colby's first ever friend. They were in the nursery together the first year of their life. We have continued to hang out with them though. Colby did really well in Sunday School. I hung out part of the time in there with them since there wasn't much else going on. I got to go to church which was nice to have the break from Colby. They said he did fine in extended care. I think they spent most of the time outside which I am sure he loved. I hope all this took away some of his frustration and pent up energy. I feel like I have already seen a slight difference.




I am now looking forward to this week getting back to normal...I am going to Bootcamp again tomorrow so Colby will spend a couple hours in the morning with my parents. He hasn't seen them in like 2 weeks or more. I know he will enjoy that too!




No comments:

Post a Comment