Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Colby's Easter Party






Today was a fun morning for Colby and I. He had his Easter party and I had signed up to help so I was able to attend which is always fun. The last party I got to go to with him was his Halloween party which seems like forever ago! Austin was off today which also was great! He first brought Colby and Max to school while I stayed home to take care of Lindsay and get myself ready. It was nice to have that time to myself and not to have to rush out the door like I usually do! I left around 10 to go to his party. Luckily Austin then helped out by staying home with Lindsay. The weather was really bad today so I was thankful to not have to get her out in it. When I got to his class they were picking up toys. I was amazed at how well the kids did picking up. Then the teacher told them to get a book and sit on the rug which they all did. I love seeing him in his school environment and seeing how he relates to the teacher and to his little friends. After some quiet time reading their books they were able to eat their snacks. I made some iced teacake cookies yesterday with my mom to bring. The other mom had juice boxes and carrots with ranch dip. The kids all enjoyed their snack. Most of them wouldn't touch the carrots though. I had kinda wanted to give them the carrots first before the cookie b/c once they saw the cookie they had no interest in carrots. Colby tried one but spit it out. He will eat carrots sometimes but not usually. He likes them cooked but not raw. They all gobbled up those cookies though! They did bathroom break then it was time for the egg hunt. I was proud of Colby going to the potty at school and doing everything himself. He does this mostly at home but I was proud to see him act so grown up in his school environment. The egg hunt was so cute! They were all so excited! each time one of them found an egg they would squeal with joy! I love how such little things excite little kids! I was also impressed there were no tears/fights over how many eggs each one got! After the egg hunt was over we went back inside. The kids went to go watch an Easter movie so the other mom and I got their baskets ready to go home. I really enjoyed being there and doing something special with my little man! I feel like most days I'm so busy taking care of him and Lindsay I miss out on small special moments with each of them! I think Austin also enjoyed staying in with Lindsay because he misses out on a lot of her small moments b/c even when he is home Colby hogs his attention! We had a good day just coming home and relaxing! As always it will be sad to see Austin go back to work but I hope over this week and a half I can plan lots of fun things for us since Colby is out of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment