Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Flu Virus 2012

So here's the latest on our sickness. Today we had hoped we would all be feeling well enough that Austin, Colby, and I could go to the mall but Colby woke up with a 100 degree fever. We quickly gave him tylenol and he bounced back quickly. He and Austin ran a couple short errands. Lindsay didn't act like she felt very good from the very start of the day. She wasn't running fever early today but as the day progressed she started running fever. She is still eating thankfully. We pretty much took it easy again all day. I woke up still feeling weak and yucky. I took a nap with Lindsay while the boys were gone. Once Lindsay went down for her long nap we ate a picnic lunch again outside with Colby. We are trying to do fun stuff with him even though we are all sick so he doesn't go crazy with all this staying home! We could tell he was getting worn out quick so we came in and all took naps. After his nap he bounded out of his room and was ready to work outside with daddy. They stayed out for about an hour. Lindsay and I stayed in and tried to recover. Tonight we ate dinner then took a walk. By the time we got in Lindsay had almost a 102 fever. We quickly undressed her and put her in a cool bath. By the end of her bath it was down to 100. After her bottle before we put her to bed it was down to 99. I feel so bad for her. She's so pitiful. Her eyes look sick she's making little grunts like she just doesn't feel good. I feel her pain its how I felt Sunday it just makes me so sad and hurt to see my 4 month old feel so yucky. So far Colby is the strongest of the bunch. I am praying he stays strong and only gets better not worse! So that's where we are now...I think I am finally about over it and Austin is well. He goes back to work tomorrow so my mom is coming to help me out. I hope we can salvage a day or 2 of Colby's spring break by the end of the week! I had so much fun planned for us. I told Austin today though there is a reason for everything and maybe God saw that we needed some down time and some time at home as a family. I firmly believe there is a reason for everything! So pray for us though that we continue to heal and that Lindsay and Colby make it through this ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment