Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Run Down of our Week

So this week we have gotton back into a routine somewhat. We were anxious to get back to real life after Colby being out of school for a week and a half and spending that ENTIRE time sick with the flu! Well Austin was off Monday so we started off the week on a great note! Colby went back to school. His friend Max came over early that morning to ride with us. Colby enjoyed eating a pancake breakfast with his best friend and then riding to school with him. He loved having someone to play with before heading out to school. Austin stayed home with Lindsay so I was able to concentrate on the big boys! After coming home I just hung out with Lindsay then Austin went back to pick Colby up at noon. We ate lunch then everyone took great naps! We are all still a little tired after getting over the flu! That afternoon we just spent time as a family which was wonderful!
Tuesday my parents came to pick up Colby and spend the day with him. They usually do this once a week especially when our house cleaner comes. It helps me out not having 2 kids around while she is trying to work especially Colby who pretty much messes up as she cleans. Plus I had to go to Target and I try to avoid taking both on errands unless I have to. So Lindsay and I got out and went to Target. She has been so sweet lately! She's the easy child! After Target I just came home and worked on some housework and things on the computer. It was nice to have the break from Colby but I always miss him.
Wednesday Colby had his field trip to the zoo which I already blogged about. We had such a great time. That night we ate out at Trashy Mexican. I feel like we have been going out more lately. We used to never go out at night when Colby was a baby. It seemed so hard back then but honestly Lindsay is so much easier then her bro. Its Colby we have issues with. She just sits in the carrier and looks around. Even though its work going out with them both its easier then messing up the kitchen some nights so we make the best of it!
Thursday I had a hair appt. I had this scheduled last week while Colby was out of school but had to cancel since we were all sick. It had been since January that I had a cut and highlite. I was glad to have some "me" time. It was refreshing to get away with no kids! My parents came over to watch them both at our house. I am so thankful for in town grandparents! There is no way I could have brought either with me! I was there 2 hours! I enjoyed visiting with the hairdresser and just enjoying not having to take care of a little one for the moment! We all rested this afternoon then Austin came home early so we could take Colby to see the big ships in town for Navy Week. He's been wanting to do this all week and we figured today would be the only chance. It was going to be tough though with everyone's schedules but we were determined to make it work. He came home early and we all got dressed to go. We made plans to ride the ferry and see the boats from there then ride back home. It would have been nice to get on the boats but we knew that was not feasible with Lindsay. Plus at that time of evening we knew it had to be quick. Well we got to the ferry and waited about 45 minutes before getting on. Right when we were about to get on the ferry we were rear ended in line. So aggravating! The lady was so mean about it too! So we never made it to the boats. Colby handled it well and we parked and walked him up to the levee but you couldn't see much. So we spent 2 hours in line and all that to have to rush home pick up food and hurry in to put 2 kids to bed. Not fun but at the same time no how blessed we are. No one was hurt the van was hardly damaged and we have 2 healthy kids! I hate though that Colby didn't get to experience that but there will be other "cool" things for him to do in his lifetime! So that's our week...tomorrow Colby goes to school. I plan to come home with Lindsay I feel like we have been out a lot this week so I am looking forward to some quiet time at home. Then we will pack up for our 1 night trip to Hattiesburg this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment