Monday, April 9, 2012

Lindsay's 4 month checkup & update on the sick ward

Lindsay had her 4 month checkup today. I was glad it coincided with us being sick b/c I was very anxious to get the kids checked as well. As far as we know they are both healthy. Their throats, ears, etc looked great! The doc couldn't get over how much Lindsay had grown! She weighed in at 13 lbs 4 oz and 24 1/2 inches long. I figured she weighed about 12 or 13 lbs. I laugh b/c Colby weighed 18 lbs at this age! Lindsay did pretty good but I think she either remembered what happened there last time or she is getting to that age of stranger anxiety b/c she cried way more today then she usually does. Poor baby I hate she had to get more nasty shots. The doc was pleased with her development and she is still in the 25% for everything. I love my petite princess! The doc also checked Colby out and said he looked healthy! We are so thankful so far it seems they don't have what Austin and I have. I think we are slowly getting passed this. My fever broke in the early morning hours and I woke up drenched in sweat. Overnight I thought I wouldn't be able to get out of bed but felt much better when the fever broke. We still came home after the doc appt. Obviously we don't need to spread our germs right now! I feel bad b/c this is Colby's spring break week and I honestly had so much fun stuff planned for him. Today we were going to go on a picnic...oh well though. I think Austin and I will be as good as new in a few days. My fever came back during the afternoon but broke again around dinner. Right now our main issue is the lingering cough/sore throats from hacking so much. I also have a really runny nose. I have heard both kids cough a couple times but nothing major. Poor Lindsay did go to bed tonight with a fever. I am praying its just from her shots though and not a result of catching this from us! We will be so blessed if neither of them get sick. We tried to make the day fun for Colby since we had to stay home. He has been really sweet all day and been very patient with us. He did great at the doc then after Lindsay went down for her nap we had a picnic outside which I think he really liked. This afternoon we also hunted easter eggs since we didn't get to do that much yesterday. We even took a walk. I just hate Lindsay felt so crummy. I hope we all feel much better tomorrow. I am so ready to get out of the house. We are hoping to take Colby somewhere tomorrow even if its just to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment