Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Looong Week

Well this week hasn't been bad...just LONG! Austin went back to work on Monday and he isn't off until either Sunday or Monday of this coming week so that's a long stretch that I pretty much have to play single mom to 2 small children. The kids have been good so I can't complain and I know Austin is working hard so that I can stay home and be a mommy so not really complaining its just been a tiring week. We are back in full gear of school and regular activities. Colby went to school Monday. Lindsay and I just always come home after dropping him off. Its easier to get stuff done during that time. Plus until she can sit up in shopping carts or walk I feel bad running errands since she spends about an hour in her carseat with just getting Colby to school. We leave at 8:30 and we get home around 9:30 if we don't make any stops. I enjoy the time to just focus on her and housework. Austin got home around 8 that night which made for a long day for this momma but like I said the kids were good so we managed. I just hate that we don't see Austin much on weeks like this. He was able to bathe and put Colby to bed that night which helps. Plus Colby misses him so much!
Tuesday my parents picked up Colby. They like to spend 1 day a week with him anyway but it also really helps me out. I usually do it on my grocery shopping days. He doesn't really enjoy grocery shopping with me anymore anyway. Its also a good day for me to get housework done and just relax. They took him to McDonald's for breakfast then to the park, flower shop, and the levee. They then played at their house until late that afternoon. He usually doesn't take naps over there anymore so he comes back good and tired. I am glad he gets a special day like that too b/c right now with Lindsay being on a pretty strict eating every 3 hours and napping schedule its hard for me to take him as many places as we used to. He got home around 4:45 then we pretty much waited on Austin to get home. I feel bad b/c 2 nights in a row I feel like I have given Colby a crappy dinner. He ate mac n cheese Monday night with pudding then last night he had "alphabet soup" and yogurt. I guess there are worse things but I hate to cook a big meal when Austin works late. Its cold by the time he gets home plus then we have to stay up cleaning up the mess so I usually cook something simple for Colby then Austin picks up dinner for the 2 of us on the way home. Its not the best situation but its what works right now. I once again did the bathing for Lindsay and putting her to bed but Austin was home in time to help with Colby which is a HUGE help!
 (Wednesday) Colby had school again. Once again Lindsay and I came home. This afternoon after their naps we will probably walk and enjoy the pretty weather. We are praying Austin gets home earlier. This way maybe we can atleast eat as a family....not sure I will cook unless he leaves before 6 or we can maybe even go out to eat like last week. The kids have been great this week. I think Colby can tell when I am stressed and need his help so he has been a big boy. Lindsay did not nap at all yesterday. I tried putting her down twice. I was able to get a few minutes of quiet time and then after Colby woke from his nap we took our snack outside which he loves! It was nice to have a few quiet moments with him. She was soon awake though so we had to come in. We didn't end up going for a walk and now I wish we had b/c I feel like that always helps our moods! We were all grumpy by the time Austin got home which wasn't until 7. I was stressed with Lindsay not napping...I was stressed b/c I feel like poor Colby has been looking for his daddy to play with him all week...I have had to feed him crap well week! Once again he ate mac n cheese for dinner and once again we ate dinner from a bag! I hate this and I hate this type of life! Its ok one or two times a week but 3 days in a row is too much from me. Plus he only had 1 day off the week before and then his last 2 days off we spent traveling! I think we are all just ready for a break! I hate when we don't have family time. Plus his 14 hour work days are 14 hour work days for me as a single mom and its hard work!
Thursday we didn't have much planned. I try to have one low key day a week. We did have to run to Target though and get 2 b-day presents for parties Colby is invited to Saturday. Since we will be staying home most of the day I feel like it will be another long day. I am praying hard that Austin will come home early so that it will give Colby some extra attention and playtime. I feel bad that I can't pay as much attention or play outside like he likes me to with Lindsay. Right now with her schedule we have to stay indoors more and it stinks it really does! I am grateful for my time at home though and even these stinky days though! I love spending time with them. Even when I am in a bad mood they usually do something that makes me smile or laugh and I love that! Well the kids took ok naps...Lindsay slept from about 11:30 until 1:30...I woke Colby up around 1:45 just b/c I figured he had been asleep since noon and since Lindsay was up he might as well join the fun! Well we played for a bit inside then we took a walk. Walks are like my sanity saver! It gets out the house...Colby loves exploring the neighborhood and seeing certain "landmarks" and Lindsay loves just looking around in the stroller. She seems to like her walks like brother. Its funny b/c we have been walking for 3 1/2 years and Colby knows every house and vehicle around our block! After our walk we came back in to cool off. I felt bad b/c Colby watched a lot of tv today...I mean in the scheme of things he doesn't watch much tv at all especially when we are busy but today with being home mostly and having to stay inside more with Lindsay I let him watch several shows. I feel like his brain starts to turn to mush though so we finally turned off the tv and went back to his room to play and color. He seemed to enjoy that 1 on 1 attention! Finally around 4:45 Austin called and said he was on his way home! I was so thankful! I feel like these last 3 days have been so long I felt the need for family time. He came home we cooked spaghetti! I was so ready for a homemade meal and for us to sit at the table. I hate when we eat so much takeout and eat in the den in front the tv...I think thats ok once or twice a week but I hate when it becomes a nightly event! So it was nice to have a real dinner. After dinner Colby wanted to swim in our little pool so Austin took him out. He has needed some extra attention this week and tonight I feel like he got it. I feel so bad when Austin works a lot b/c Colby takes it really hard. He is such a daddy's boy these days that he is so sad when Austin isn't here. Especially when he works long hours like this week so it was good for them to get some bonding time. I cleaned up the kitchen and rocked Lindsay. It was good to have some quiet. Now looking forward to watching tv and unwinding now that the kids are in bed! Tomorrow Colby has school so it will basically be me bringing him to school then coming home and hanging out with Lindsay then him coming home. I am hoping Austin will be home before 6 again and we can have some more family time since he works all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment