Saturday, April 28, 2012

Max's Birthday Party







Today Colby and I had a really fun day together! We were invited to Max's 4th Birthday party at City Park. I am sure you have gathered by reading that Max is Colby's best buddy. They have been in preschool the last 2 years together. We also live close by and the boys hang out and carpool together! His mom did a small family party at City Park but she included Colby which I thought was so sweet. Colby was VERY excited about this special day. I knew it would be a long, busy day so we left Lindsay with my parents. I hate people don't see her out a lot but its just easier and more fun to focus on events like this with Colby. Plus I want them to always feel special and take them to their own events. So this was Colby's special day. We left our house before 9 am and dropped Lindsay off with my parents. We got to the park around 9:30. We found our friends. They were hanging out on the grassy lawn part of City Park across from Storyland. They went ahead and did cake & presents there. The kids had a blast running around in the grass and playing on the swings! After we got the party scene cleaned up we went in Storyland. The kids enjoyed running around. Colby is now learning the nursery rhymes and recognized most of them! He was reciting them also! His favorite part is still the firetruck though. This is where he spent most of his time! Once the ride part opened up the kids wanted to go there. Colby was very excited. He has only been to this part a couple times. Its also always been during Christmas when its SO crowded you can barely move. The kids all got wrist bands so they could ride everything as much as they wanted. We hit the train first. I was happy about this b/c we have tried to ride that train a couple times. Colby was a little antsy about waiting at first. Once we got on though he had a blast! He, Max, and Bella all rode in the very back on a row by themselves! Its so cute to see him getting bigger and doing things alone with friends. Its also bittersweet though! After the train Colby, Max, and Bella went to ride the little kid rides. I think they rode them all. Once again it was so cute to see him riding all these things with friends. He had rode a couple of them before but its been about a year and half! He was having the time of his life! We finally got them to slow down enough to eat lunch. Colby and I ate with Bella and her parents. They both had hotdogs and shared a thing of french fries! So adorable! After lunch they wanted to ride the carousel so we did that. Then I told Colby he could pick 1 more ride and then we were going to go home. It was approaching 1 by that time and I knew we needed to get back home and pick Lindsay up plus I knew he was getting tired! Well he chose the Ferris Wheel. I was shocked that he chose something so big! But he wanted to ride it! I remember loving this ride when I was his age. My dad used to take me to City Park when I was his age and we would always ride that! Well he LOVED it! He wasn't scared at all. He got the biggest kick out of it! It was special for me to share that with him something I did as a child and now reliving it with my own! After that we left to go home. It was a great party! I am so thankful for his friend Max and their family. They are such good people and fun to be around. I know Colby feels safe with them too and I would totally leave him with anyone of them if I ever needed to! Its nice to know people like that! Well poor Colby was so tired he sacked out in the car like the minute we got going. I knew he had to be exausted! Once we got to my parent's house though he woke up. We visited with them for awhile while Lindsay ate. It was nice getting to cool off for a bit. We came home and I put Lindsay int he swing to nap and turned on a show for Colby. I figured this way I could get a few house work things done and then relax myself! I was halfway done in the kitchen when Austin called and said he was on his way! So excited! It was good for him to get home early b/c I was exausted. He and Colby worked in the yard so it was nice to get that quiet time. We came in and ate pizza then he and Colby went back out to swim. After that it was baths and bedtime for the kids! We are all exausted tonight! It was a very fun, busy day but now mommy needs some sleep! We have another busy day ahead at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment