Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Morning with Grammy

So today my mom came over to help me out with the kids for a few hours. With Austin returing to work today and me not being 100% and the fact that the kids are sick I knew I would need an extra hand. Well we are all feeling ok today. I think the kids are better...I hope they stay that way and will be well by the weekend. I am still feeling a little crummy just taking awhile to get my energy level back. Colby woke us up around 4am saying he felt sick. Sure enough he had 101 fever. He then woke us up at 5am saying he needed a drink of water. Both times though he was so sweet he came and got us then went back to bed...such a big boy! I have to commend my sweet boy for being so sweet and helpful this week. Normally he would drive us crazy if he stayed home this many days straight but he has handled it really well. I hope I can take him somewhere Friday or Saturday to reward him! Anyway my mom got here around 9:30. Lindsay slept until about 8 and Colby slept until about 9! Crazy for them both! Well not so much Lindsay she sleeps that late sometimes but Colby yes! He hasn't slept until 9 since he was probably a year old! Well when she got here Colby was still eating breakfast. He requested oatmeal, bananas, cheerios, and yogurt....well we were out of yogurt so I let him have a popsicle....I figure when you are sick you throw out most rules! He ate most of his oats and the popsicle. I just want him to get enough fluids with all this mess. He hasn't wanted to drink his milk or juice like normal which is very unsual for him so I want to make sure he's hydrated. When my mom got here he pretty much held her hostage in his room. They played cars and read books. He was so happy though to have a playmate. It would have been hard for me to play like that with him since I am sick and still taking care of Lindsay so I think it was really good for him to get all that attention. He watched some tv and played in the den too. I didn't let him outside yet I didn't want him getting overheated but we may take a walk this afternoon to get some sunshine! She stayed here while he ate his lunch. He kept saying this was the "Best day" and he "loved this day" it was so adorable! I am so glad her coming over made him so happy. I know sometimes he feels left out especially lately with us being sick and caring for Lindsay so I am glad he really felt loved and appreciated today! My mom left after both kids went down to take their nap. I am so thankful though for her and that she came over to help out this morning! I am hoping the afternoon goes well though so that I don't get too worn out before Austin comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment