Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Colby's Field Trip to the Zoo










Colby had another field trip this week. This was by far his biggest field trip! His preschool went to the zoo! This week they are studying about the Zoo at school so how appropriate that they went! Colby has enjoyed telling me about animals all week and was so excited to go! He has been wanting to go back to the zoo since we last visited in January. This was something I had hoped to do with him last week so I was so excited Monday when I learned their field trip would be today. We all met up at the school first. We dropped Lindsay off at my parent's house for the day. I have been wanting to take her too and we probably will when Austin is off but I wanted this day to be about Colby. I know I would have been really distracted with her. We met at school and decided who would ride with who. I didn't have to take anyone with me this time but we all caravaned over to the zoo together. We got there a little early so we had to wait in line...we were with all his friends though so that was ok. Once we got in we got all the kids together and the teachers told us the game plan. They wanted the kids to see the typical "zoo" animals: elephants, bears, tigers, lions, giraffes, zebras, etc. So that is what we did! We started with the elephants which all the kids loved! Colby really didn't care about the other animals! He was a little antsy b/c we didn't do the usual stuff...well usually when we go to the zoo we let him choose what he wants to do. He finally got with it by the time we headed to see the giraffes. He really loved running around Monkey Hill with his friends. I loved watching them...so carefree and having so much fun! I thought all the kids really behaved well considering. It was a long morning and I was tired so I know those kids had to be tired b/c we walked a LONG way. He like always really enjoyed about the last hour. It seems like it always takes him about an hour to get with the program and start having fun and that's how it was today. I loved seeing the little interactions between his friends. I am so thankful for a wonderful school, teacher, and classmates. So far his 2 years of preschool have been amazing! This is my prayer for him through life that he will always love school and learning! At the end of the trip they had an animal cracker and water break. I think the kids were worn out! When they started leaving some kids were going back to school and others were staying at the zoo or going home. Colby asked me if we could ride the carousel. I couldn't tell him no especially not knowing when we might get back. He was so happy about that! After that I told him that was it and we would go eat lunch. We chose to eat at McAlister's since that is our "usual" stop on the way home. He did really well...he's always so polite when he and I go out alone. We even ran into some of his friends there! It was a great day! I really enjoyed the time alone with him. I will always treasure these school outtings and so thankful I can attend them. I know what its like to be the teacher and how much you appreciate involved parents. After lunch we picked up Lindsay and came home to rest. I think all 3 of us were exausted. Colby took about a 20 min snooze in the car so he never did nap again at home but I did make him lay down and rest just to give me a break!
Tonight when Austin got off work we went to Trashy Mexican for dinner. I enjoy going out the 4 of us. Lindsay did great she's so much easier then her bro right now. He was mean the first half of dinner and Austin had to take him to the bathroom. I think he was hungry b/c he improved after eating. He's just such a handful right now. I keep telling myself this too shall pass. But right now I feel like 3 is the hardest age! We pray every day for the right ways to deal with him and get through this stage. I just want him to grow up to love the Lord and be a gentleman. Well we are looking forward to the rest of the week. So happy to be well again and enjoying life!

No comments:

Post a Comment