Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Weekend

Well we have had an ok weekend. We are still trying to recover from this awful flu so it wasn't as exciting as maybe if we were all well but we tried to make the best of it.
Yesterday (Saturday) I took the kids over to my parents house. My dad was out of town at the USM's spring game so I figured we would go keep my mom company. It was also a chance for us to get out the house. We usually hang out over there on Saturday when Austin has to work. There isn't much else to do since most of my friend's husbands are off work. We ended up staying over there most of the day that wasn't planned. We first took a nice long walk which was so nice because the weather has been beautiful. Colby enjoyed playing with Grammy while I took care of Lindsay. Lately I have been putting her down for naps over there while we eat lunch and he plays. So I got her down for a nap around 12 and we ate...well I could tell Colby was so tired that he needed a nap too. My mom said he was out within 5 minutes. This is why we ended up spending half the day over there since they both took naps. I even laid down b/c I knew once we got home I wouldn't get a nap. Well by the time they both got up and we got home it was 3. I think we were all still tired though. Austin got home early which was great though. We ended up going out to eat. We rarely go out at night with both kids....just so much of a chore but we were all still dressed from the day and Lindsay has been eating her cereal at 5 so afterwards we went to eat. We kept it simple and just went to Rotolo's in Belle Chasse. Colby was a complete handful...he didn't want to eat or sit still...sometimes I think he's harder at restaurants now then he ever used to be! Lindsay was a peach...she does great right now at restaurants. She stays awake and just looks around! Even though we spent most of dinner correcting Colby it was still nice to be out as a family...we did a little riding around after. We had thought about icecream but the big boy lost out on that so we all had to skip =(.
Sunday as always was a wonderful but busy day. Austin had to work so it was me and the kids. I had to get back in gear of getting both kids dressed and ready to be out the door by 8:30. We hadn't done that all week with being sick and Colby being out of school. We made it though! It was so nice to be back at at church. Both kids did well but I think it exausted them. I sat in worship with my parents which was nice. It would have been my Sunday to work but with still being sick I didn't want to risk getting any kids sick plus my energy level is still not 100%. After church we ofcourse did lunch at McAlister's. When we got home I prayed we would get great naps but Lindsay wouldn't have it! She was overtired and very cranky. Poor Colby napped though he even fell asleep before I could change him out of his church clothes. He's still not 100%. Austin got home again early which was great. We had an early dinner and he and Colby played outside. Once we got them to bed we relaxed and watched Titanic! Now I am just looking forward to getting back to our normal this week. We are all almost well and school is starting back so I feel it will be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment