Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to a Routine

So this week has been my week to re-establish a routine and rules with Colby. He was getting a little unruly by last week. I think he has had so much special stuff going on really since Thanksgiving. Grandparents, Disney World, Daddy being home a lot more! It was all very fun but he was becoming quite a handful! By Sunday I had had enough! I was so ready to get back to normalcy! By the end of last week he was not only being disobediant but he had started having frequent accidents which he hasn't really done since summertime!
By Monday though he was pretty much back to himself! Its been so nice! I haven't had to crack down as hard as I thought either I think its just helped for life to slow down and get him back to a routine! I feel bad though we haven't been able to go outside much this week so I can tell he's starting to get bad again b/c he hasn't been able to expell that needed outdoor energy he has pent up!
It hasn't been a very exciting week but its been nice to get back to a routine! Monday we ran errands and went to Storytime at the library. Colby enjoyed doing things like that again! He was pretty good at the library he got tired of sitting still after a while but I made him sit I used to let him wonder around when he was younger but now at almost 2 1/2 I think he needs to sit.
Tuesday he had school. It was nice to run some errands and get stuff done while he was in school. It was also good getting him back into the school routine although he only will go 3 times this month. It seems like he has been out more in the last 2 months then he has gone!
Wednesday we went over to my parent's house to bake cookies for his classmates. I think he really enjoyed the time to play over there! We both had fun!
Today (Thursday) he had school again and it was his Christmas party day! He seemed like he had a good time and came home with some treats! Tonight he went to spend the night with my parent's so Austin and I could do some shopping and go out to eat for our anniversary! It was nice to get away like that! We haven't had a date night in awhile so it was nice to be alone. I do miss him now though! But I will get him in the morning first thing!
I know the next 2 weeks will be sort of crazy again so I will be probably trying to whip him back in shape come January haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment