Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mom Guilt Party of 1

So today is just one of those days...I feel awful for losing my patience with Colby the last few days...its the reason why I say I don't like the holidays sometimes...b/c they are full of stress and we work so hard to make things "just right" we lose the meaning of what Christmas is truly about. If I had it my way we would stop doing gifts totally except maybe a couple things for Colby. I hate that I get in a bad mood this time of year b/c I need to shop for a long list of people. I hate having people ask me what I want...I really don't know...I don't feel like I need a thing...not that I don't appreciate the thought I do but I know I have so much and don't lack for anything I don't want people spending their money on me just to get me something.
So back to my day of guilt. Well Colby has been acting up a lot since Thanksgiving. I know its due to how crazy life has been since then. He has been around grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, been out of his routine more, trip to Disney, the weather has been cold so we haven't gotton out as much. I always make it a point to do fun things with him b/c I think children need time to be kids and explore and run around. Normally this isn't a problem but life has been so busy since Disney World we haven't had many just "play days". And since Colby is only 2 he doesn't understand therefore since he can't say how he feels he acts out.
Today has been stressful b/c the house is a mess, I had to go grocery shopping and there is just so much to do inside. I feel like I am neglecting the house but if I spend time on the house I feel like I am neglecting Colby and then he really misbehaves. I know I could have it so much worse so I don't want to sound like I am throwing a pity party here just venting more or less! I hope next week we can do some fun outtings with him b/c he soo desperately needs it! I just keep praying to God to give me patience on days like this. I hate when I lose my temper and take my stress out on Colby its not fair to him.
Anyway grocery shopping is done now its naptime and I think I may take a nap too...the rest can wait! Hopefully I can also take my little guy outside too! Its just one of those days I know it will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment