Saturday, February 25, 2012

Colby's Soccer Class Week 1




Colby started soccer today at the YMCA in Belle Chasse. I have been wanting him to play soccer since last year. He was too young last winter to play in a league and I think this year he was still too young for that. I found out about preschool soccer at the YMCA though and decided to sign him up. He hasn't really taken too much of an interest in sports yet and I don't care if he does or doesn't but I knew just the physical part would be good for him. Plus this way he's exposed to it and if he decides he loves soccer then great we will keep playing if not then atleast he got the experience. Plus I think organized sports is good for listening and learning to get along with others as well.
He seemed to have a good time. There were times where he was unsure and he wanted to come stand by me but for the first week I thought he did great. He participated in most of it and even was laughing with the coach by the end! He really warmed up the last 10 or so minutes. They played red light/green light and he LOVED that! I like that its just a time for them to learn and play games they aren't competing just learning the basics. It is a 7 week program so it just lasts a little over a month. I look forward to all that he will learn. Its good for him to also burn off energy. Usually Saturdays are our stay at home days which he gets bored sometimes we go to my parent's house but this way he will have something to do and look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment