Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Weekend


Well I can't believe the weekend has come and gone. Its been a pretty low key weekend for the most part. Austin worked late Friday which left me one tired momma with 2 kids. Luckily they were both angels Friday! Yesterday (Saturday) it rained ALL day! Colby was scheduled to spend the night with my parents b/c Austin was supossed to be staying in the hotel that night and it would just be a lot for me to try and get both bathed and to bed by myself plus get us all dressed for church the next morning. They weren't going to come get him until after naptime though. After watching the weather they decided to get him early before lunch making sure that no one had to get out during the worst of it. That made for quite a quiet day for me though! Lindsay was a peach so she was very low maintenance. I was glad to have the extra time I got a lot done but I was also lonely and missing my 2 boys. Especially by nightfall reality of spending the night alone was really setting in. I hate staying by myself...I don't get scared really but I don't sleep well and its just a lonely feeling. Austin called me though around 6:30 and said he was coming home! I was so happy and excited! It was nice to have a low key evening with just he and I and Lindsay!
Today (Sunday) I made plans to go to church. I knew traffic would be crazy being the Sunday before Mardi Gras but I really wanted to go. I would have stayed in except for the fact of 1) we have been in a lot more lately since everyone was sick 2) I missed the last 2 Sundays and 3) with staying in all day yesterday I was anxious to get out! It was great to be back and I am slowly working back up to my responsibilities in the nursery. Lindsay stayed in the bed baby room for the first time! She has been in there every week we have gone to church for feeding/diaper changes but I was always with her. Yesterday was the first time I left her. During Sunday School I was able to peek in and check on her off and on. For the most part she stayed in the bouncy seat and just talked and talked and kicked and kicked! She's such an easy going baby! I didn't have to change her or anything the nursery ladies took great care of her! I was a little nervous about leaving her during church service since it was the first time. The pastor's wife though was working in there...she is in charge of ec so that made me feel better. I think she was also the first one to keep Colby when we left him in the nursery for the first time. I enjoyed sitting in church without a child for the first time since November! After I picked her up they said she did great! Both kids did well...I'm so thankful they both like church and adapt easily. Since it was a big parade weekend I had decided Lindsay and I would come straight home after church. Normally we all stop at McAlister's and eat but I knew traffic would be bad so I was anxious to get home. My parents were going to take Colby though b/c he looks forward to that every week. Well I went home the interstate and it took me 2 hours! It was crazy! My parents and Colby made it home way before us even after eating lunch and going a much longer way home! I was regretting that I didn't just stay with them! I was so thankful that Lindsay slept the whole way though and never cried! It would have been very stressful if she would have been upset! We also made it home in just enough time for her next feeding!
That afternoon Colby, Lindsay, and I all took naps. Austin got home around 6 and we grilled hamburgers and just enjoyed relaxing! Its so nice knowing he's going to be home the next 2 days with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment