Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mommy & Colby Day

Colby and I had another one of our special days today! We originally had a playdate scheduled at the park with our friends Casee and Jax but that fell through so I called up my friend Angela who has the daughter Kiley to see if they wanted to hang out. She said we could come over to their house. Its been forever since we have been there. Colby and Kiley were best friends last year but Kiley went to a different school this year so we haven't hung out since last summer! Colby did remember her though and was excited to go to her house! We stayed a little over an hour. They played inside and out. Its always fun to see him playing with a friend! After we left their house I figured I would take him to lunch...I asked him where he wanted to go and he said Wendy's lol. He picks the most random places. So we enjoyed a nice little lunch at Wendy's. I enjoy having these "dates" with him once a week! And don't worry Lindsay and I get one on one time too b/c my parents usually also take Colby once a week so she and I usually run errands or hang out at home. Its so special to enjoy them alone sometimes and totally focus on them!
The rest of the day was pretty tiring...Colby didn't nap at all...which now at 3 1/2 I don't expect him to nap everyday but we still make him "rest" in his room. By the time he was done "resting" was when I finally got Lindsay to sleep! She spent almost 2 hours screaming...come to find out she was just really tired and hungry...after eating she went sound to sleep! Austin was also late which made for an even longer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment