Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012



Today was a pretty low key day for us. We don't go out really big for Valentine's but we do try and make the day special by doing little things. I woke up this morning and Austin had Valentine's cards for Lindsay and I. I look forward to as she grows up she will get to go on dates with her daddy. We don't usually go out on Valentine's just b/c Austin is usually working plus everywhere is so busy its just not worth it. We will celebrate later this month though with dinner and a movie! It will be our first time to go out alone since Lindsay was born.
Austin had to work and Colby actually spent the day with my parents. Normally I would have liked to do something special with him but we were having our house cleaned plus I had a couple errands to run that today was the only day I really could do it! I enjoyed the quiet day with Lindsay though. I am glad I am getting those thanks to my parents b/c life is so busy and I want to have those quiet moments with her like I got to enjoy when Colby was a baby! I had to go to a store to pick up a Mardi Gras shirt for Colby for his parade Friday and also to enroll him in soccer. Lindsay joined me on these errands and was a total sweetheart!
We came home and just had a quiet day until the boys got home. I baked chocolate cupcakes for them both to enjoy! The kids just got a small present...Lindsay got a book and Colby got a truck. We exchanged cards with daddy also. Austin picked up Chickfila...so no fancy dinners here. I figured it was a treat though we didn't have to clean the kitchen! I am thankful for these simple yet sweet valentine's. I am just thankful I have 3 wonderful people to share my day with!

No comments:

Post a Comment