Thursday, February 16, 2012

Colby's Parade



Colby's school had their annual Mardi Gras parade today only this year they chose to do it at the same nursing home that they went to at Christmas time to sing carols. I had hoped it would go better for Colby and I b/c at Christmas he was really moody and out of sorts. We only had had Lindsay home for about a week so I'm sure that was the problem!
Austin couldn't come with us today but in some ways i think it works out better just for 1 parent to bring him to these type of things he tends to act out WAY more when we are both around then when its only 1 of us. I was a little worried about how he would act b/c he got a timeout before we even left the house. He was also quiet and didn't want to wear his mask or toss the beads when we first got there. I tried not to pay much attention though b/c I think we made a mistake at the Christmas thing of making a big deal out of his misbehavior which didn't work for anyone! He ended up getting into it and having a great time. His buddy Max rode in the wagon with him. They had a great time giggling and cutting up towards the end too. Colby helped pass out king cake to the residents then enjoyed sitting at a table with his buddies eating a piece. I am glad he had fun and seemed more comfortable then a couple months ago. I love all his school activities and getting to enjoy that special one on one time with him. Thanks to my mom who kept Lindsay while we were gone!
The rest of the day was very low key...Austin worked really late b/c of Mardi Gras so we are all tired and ready for this weekend to be over! Our weekend won't be too exciting...rain is predicted all day tomorrow which means I will be staying home with 2 kiddos...hm wonder how that will go?!? Colby is spending the night with my parents though which will be nice. I will get some one on one time with lindsay! Looking forward to getting out the house Sunday for church!

No comments:

Post a Comment