Tuesday, February 7, 2012

RSV Update

So I took Lindsay to the doc today for her re-check. The doc listened to her and checked her ears and said everything looked great! She said her lungs sounded great and she would never know by looking at her that she even had RSV...I'm so thankful. Being sick or having sick children is no fun but I am so very grateful at this moment that it was not worse. The doctor said she was a very lucky girl. She is still congested and coughs occassionally but the doc said that could linger for a week or 2. She is due back Monday for her 2 month checkup so I will be glad to bring her in again just to know once more she's fine. They did weigh her today though and she is 10 lbs 4 oz. She's still a petite princess. I laugh b/c Colby was 14 lbs at 2 months! The doc didn't give us any instructions on keeping her in but I think for her safetey and others I will keep her close to the house this week. My parents will be bringing Colby to school so she doesn't have to get out and be around school age kids. We will probably get out this weekend if she's still doing well. If we go to church though i will probably bring her in with me even though we were planning to have her in the nursery by now I will just feel better giving her time to build up an immunity. We may hold off now until 3 months.
Our week is definitely getting better! Colby is also almost back to normal he still coughs mainly at night but his mood is greatly improved. He had school yesterday and seemed to have a really good day. Today he is spending the day with my parents since Lindsay had an early doc appointment. They are spending the day with him outdoors. I am grateful I think he needed the sunshine and freedom to run and play he was cooped up so much last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment