Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all




So Mardi Gras is wrapping up in the city! I hate we didn't get to do more festivities this year but I am thankful we did make 1 parade! Its just so hard right now with 2 young kids. We could have taken Colby today since Austin was home but we just had so much other stuff to take care of around the house. We would have left Lindsay with my parents also b/c I just can't imagine taking her to a parade yet...I know other people take babies but I just wouldn't want to take a chance in her getting sick again! We have had a good couple of days though enjoying Austin being off!
Monday was Lundi Gras...we took the kids to the park that morning. It was a gorgeous day! Lindsay enjoyed being strolled around the walking track...Austin and I took turns doing that. Colby had a great time on the playground! We haven't been to as many parks lately so I think he enjoyed the playtime! After the park we ate lunch at Subway. Lindsay slept through it so we enjoyed visiting with Colby. After lunch we all came home to nap/rest. That evening we went over to my parent's house for dinner. It was Randall's bday dinner. It was nice getting to visit with everyone. Colby was really wound up...he loves the get togethers that involve cake! He's always such a ham! Lindsay did well but got cranky towards the end of the evening and we didn't bring her pacifier so she couldn't ever get settled down to sleep! I told Austin it had just gotton so much easier with Colby we could stay out later without him melting down and now we are starting over. B/c our babies are so routined they melt down at their usual bedtime/bathtime and its always time to go home. It makes life easy usually but when you want to stay out later its rough b/c they get so cranky! But I wouldn't trade the sleeping through the night at 2 months for anything?!?
Today Mardi Gras...we had originally thought about taking Colby to St. Charles for the uptown parades since Austin was off. But after my 2 hour ordeal getting home Sunday I wasn't really in the mood to deal with that traffic again. Plus we would have had to get my parents to keep Lindsay...plus we had lots to do around the house and errands to run. We watched all the excitement on tv though. I look forward to one year taking the kids down there though! We had a lazy morning then went to Target and Petsmart. We came home and chilled the rest of the day. I really enjoyed the slower paced days though with my little family! I think Colby got a little antsy today staying in but all in all I think he enjoyed his day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment