Friday, February 24, 2012

Naptime Blues

Lindsay has started being very difficult this week at naptime which has made for a long, tiring week! I remember naptime struggles with Colby so I think this is normal. She does fine at night she rarely even cries when we put her down at night but Colby was the same way! The last 3 days she has cried, screamed at her normal naptime. Ofcourse since she is only 2 months old she is still napping throughout the day but since she came home from the hospital we have always put her in her bed for 1 LONG nap a day...which coincides with Colby's nap. This is for our sanity as well as to train her to always take this long nap like Colby did and still does. There are good days and bad days but a few weeks ago it got easier she was rarely crying and if she did it was just for a minute or 2 and it just took me giving her her pacifier back 1 time or something. Well this week has been a struggle. yesterday she fought for 2 hours...she finally ate again at 2 and passed out from then until 5 pm. I was glad she napped but it wasn't helpful for me b/c by that time Colby was up. Today she ate at 11 put her down she off and on cried until about noon...she finally slept until 1:45 which was great and she did wake up hungry but I tried to put her back down after that b/c 12-1:45 isn't much of a nap and its hard for her to nap anytime of day when Colby is awake b/c he is so loud so she can get her best sleep during his naptime I feel. So I put her back down around 2:20 well once again she fought until 3...I finally gave in and put her in her swing and she's asleep there now. I'm hoping its just a phase and will be short lived. She does fine at night so we will see...I remember this lasting awhile with Colby so hopefully she will outgrow it...I'm not sure if its separation anxiety or she's overtired or what...anyway its making me exausted b/c naptime is my only break and I haven't gotton it much this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment