Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blue Valentine's

So today has felt like a different Valentine's day. First off with it falling on a Sunday that made the morning more hectic anyway. We didn't even wake up and do a gift with Colby this morning. Plus Austin was in the hotel so we didn't have him here. So really to me it hasn't felt like Valentine's at all. I guess the most festive part of the day was going to church for Colby's preschool valentine's breakfast.
He did look cute though in his red sweater, white button down shirt, and black pinstripe pants. We both tried to dress festive this morning. Thought it might make us feel more in the mood. I really have always liked the holiday but for some reason today I haven't been able to get excited at all. Austin and I aren't really even exchanging gifts or cards. I think we normally would have its just with Colby being sick this week then all the Mardi Gras stuff and the fact that Austin wasn't even here this morning put a damper on our Valentine's spirits. I didn't even wrap Colby's gift I just gave it to him this afternoon I feel like such a bum but he won't remember! Maybe next year will be better =). I have just had a hard time this weekend getting it together. Austin and I do hope to celebrate Thursday night. I think we need some time away. We haven't really gotton away since our cruise at the beginning of December. I think I definitely need a break! I am just feeling very burnt out these days! We will probably go out to eat and Colby will just spend the night with my parent's b/c I have a haircut the next morning so he will just stay until I finish that. It will probably be good for both of us especially after the way I feel tonight. I just feel like all the wind has been let out of me.
I know I have so much to be grateful for and my hubby was only gone 1 night and he's breaking his back to get home to us tonight so he can atleast see us on Valentine's. I don't know how women do it whose husbands are in the army. I guess you make do but its hard being a single parent. Well enough of my boo hoo I hope to enjoy atleast an hour with my 2 valentine's tonight and show them my appreciate and love for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment