Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Romping at the Gym!

Today was gymrompers class...it felt like forever since we had been since class was cancelled last week with Mardi Gras. I was so glad to go back. Colby just loves it! And its a great outlet for him to get out some climbing energy. As always he had a blast. He spent most of his time climbing and sliding those seem to be his favorite things. He also interacted with other kids a little more this time. He seems to get closer and want to hang out with other kids more and more. He picked a little girl Ruby and a couple boys to kinda hang by! So cute you can tell he already picks favorites. He still does really well as far as not getting ugly with other kids. He did take a ball away from a little girl but he doesn't really do it ugly I think he just doesn't understand yet that you can't do that. I tried to explain that she was playing with it right now. But most of the time if a child is on something he just stands there and waits until they are done. I am so proud of him. He sized up a little boy really well who had a paci in his mouth. I never let Colby bring one in there so he just looked at him like why come your momma lets you have that? I was afraid he was going to try and take it but he didn't. He just stared for a few minutes. He did the same thing the last class with a boy who had a sippy cup. He stops and observes other kids too which I think is funny I just wish I knew all that was going on in his head.
Our only tantrum at Gymrompers was when it was time to clean up the instruments. He always picks the same blue shaker thing and never wants to give it back. His fav color is blue and I think this is partly why! He thinks that is a great treasure. Anyways I finally pryed it away from him---the teacher said he could keep it that she thinks he is too young to understand but I don't think he is. I don't want to get it started to where he thinks he is special and gets to keep something when all the other children clean up....plus we are trying to teach him that he doesn't always get his way. I don't think children are ever too young to learn that. He was over it in about 3 minutes anyway. Also with the instruments he is so funny when it comes to that time, he can be all the way across the room and when those come out he runs over to the circle. He does the same with the animal puppets. I can't get him to sit in circle time anymore but I know he is learning the stuff even though he's moving around b/c he knows enough that when she starts singing about instruments or puppets he runs over there.
Another new thing he is doing this week is bringing books to bed and I have to say its the most adorable thing ever. Since he gave up the bottle I have been reading a book to him every night. Well last night he wanted to bring the book with him to bed. So this morning I hadn't heard a peep out of him at 8:45 so I decided I better go wake him up since we had Gymrompers. Well I walked in his room and he was awake he was just sitting up reading his book. Same thing after nap. So again tonight he wanted his book to take to bed. I am so happy I hope he is a reader like I was! He has tons of books but now I want to buy him more especially the soft kind or board books b/c those are good ones for him to bring to bed. Ones that he can't tear or mess up the pages! I don't mind starting his practice now b/c I always said even when he gives up naps he is going to have some type of quiet time so I can have some peace so maybe he will enjoy laying in his bed and reading when he is 4 and outgrows naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment