Saturday, February 20, 2010

pretty day to play at the park

So the weather today is very spring like. Its in the 50s and 60s and clear sky. I knew we had to get Colby out of the house. I decided to call a friend and see if her and her little boy would like to meet us there. We planned for 10:30. So Colby and I ran a quick errand to Walgreens then went to the park.
We beat her there actually by about 30 min because she didn't end up getting there until 11. Colby had a great time. When we were pulling up he started going "oooh" in the car. He was quite excited. The park actually ended up being quite crowded today. Typically its just us there or us and like 1 other family but today there were about 12 kids out there. When we first got there we were the only ones though. Then a family came with 2 little girls. They mainly played on the big kid playground though. Eventually my friend got there with her little boy Braden. Colby and him didn't really interact too much. I think Braden tried to talk to Colby but Colby just kinda watched and played by himself. They are about 2 months apart and you could tell Colby was more used to climbing and being careful on these type things. I had to watch him some but for the most part he has learned to go up and down stairs and knows how to slide the right way and all so he does well. I think part of this is b/c of Gymrompers and the other maybe b/c he is a little older. Braden did well but he was less cautious then Colby. He in fact fell and busted his lip at one point. After we had been there awhile another boy and little girl came. All the kids were like 5 and older. We were a little worried about them knocking the little ones down. It was fun though I'm glad we went and got the boys out for awhile. I would like to try different parks around the area but I just suggested that one since we have been there a lot. I would rather try out new parks when Austin is with us b/c its easier for 2 people to watch Colby and make sure he can do everything then just 1. Because today since it was just me I had to walk around the whole playground area whereas usually Austin gets on the playground with Colby and I stay on the ground level.
Colby is napping now. I think that wore him out. I wish I had gotton pictures though. Tonight we are going over to my parent's house though to celebrate my brother's b-day so I hope to snap some then!

No comments:

Post a Comment