Friday, February 5, 2010

Hattiesburg Trip




We just got back from Hattiesburg today we went up there this week for Austin's mom's b-day. We got in late Wednesday afternoon. So we went straight to his parent's house and ate dinner. We got to hang out with his parents, Harvey, and Shelbi and Maggie. The girls are getting really big. Especially Shelbi she just seems so grown up now that she is in real school. Colby did well he I think enjoyed all the activity although he didn't pay much attention to the girls. Maggie was sleepy so she didn't play much at all. We played Wii with Shelbi which was a lot of fun. I just can't believe she is old enough to play that kinda stuff. I remember when she was Colby's age.


Once we got settled in the apartment we got Colby ready for bed. Then the strangest thing happened. Well we put him in bed like always and he started to cry out. Now he never does that at home...so I kinda just expected him to be a little upset since he was in a strange place. So he cried for a few minutes and I decided I would go back in and just tuck him in and let him know it was ok. Well when I opened the door he was standing OUTSIDE of his crib! He has never done this before. Now granted he was in his pack and play. I am pretty sure he couldn't do this in his real bed. So I was really worried I thought now this was going to be a game. But I put him back in and he cried for a few minutes but by the time I went to check on him again he was sound asleep. This was the only instance we had on the trip so I am not sure whether he climbed out or fell out. Either way I don't think he liked it. I think it really scared him. Thankfully after that he slept all night without another peep.


So Thursday we got up and got ready and went to Austin's parents house for waffles. Colby ate his breakfast at the apartment though we have tried waffles and pancakes with him at home and he's just not fond of it. After we all ate we visited for awhile then went up to the mall. It was nasty weather so that was pretty much all we could do as far as getting out. Colby enjoyed the mall I think. He prefers being walked around the main part of the mall though he gets bored in stores. He also enjoys the little car rides they have. Austin thought it might be a good idea to let him out of his stroller and let him walk. Well he decided to run into Dillards and go behind a makeup counter...hmmm maybe not a good idea. After the mall we fed Colby his lunch then came back to the apartment for his nap. Well we all got lazy b/c it was such a nasty day. We all took naps. Once we got up from naps it was time to go out to eat for his mom's b-day. We also stopped and got her a cake. Colby did really well at the restaurant and at their house that night. He was such a ham and in a great mood. I thought he did well the whole trip he entertained everyone and talked and played.

No comments:

Post a Comment