Monday, February 1, 2010

Church cleanup and cleanout!

So today Colby and I went up to the church with a friend Kristie and her little boy Cade. Our plan was to cleanout a room up there so that it is more usable. It was quite overwhelming when we first got there. There was tons of junk that just needed to be thrown away. I think we got a good bit done but we were also tending to our kids at the same time. Cade played in a walker, took a catnap and played on the floor. Colby had fun digging through toys and scattering things around. He also helped me eat my McDonald's bacon biscuit this morning. There is still lots to be done in that room but I think if we do this again we can maybe have most of it done. I also was able to work in my Sunday School room. I was a little annoyed whenever I went in there. It was a HUGE mess. There were still snacks on the table and toys were EVERYWHERE! I didn't go to church yesterday b/c of Colby keeping me up Saturday night.
I don't really want to blame anyone but someone should have helped Mrs. Shirley pick all that up. I know she's older and it would have probably been a lot for her to do it since she was the only teacher there and had to take care of Broc. But really I dunno it just discouraged me a little. Also the trash stunk so I hope that gets changed by Sunday. I straightened up in there and got it looking presentable again. I mean that would be an embarrassment to a visitor I think. My room also needs some cleaning and some work so I am going to try to make it my goal to go up there once a month. It seemed to work out well to meet Kristie up there because her husband is on staff. So maybe we can both go up and have clean out days once a month. We both obviously have something invested in the nursery =)
Well that is all we have really done today. By the time we got home it was time for lunch then naptime. Colby is still napping which is awesome. Its probably the longest nap he has taken in a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment